This is Home

View Original by Caeliavesta (Instagram): https://www.instagram.com/p/CCAfISEhf7b/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet 

You knock on the door of your best friend's apartment, an excited smile on your face. You haven't seen him in months, so you wanted to surprise him. 
When the door doesn't open, you knock again. Again, no response. You frown, confused. 

You grab the spare key from your bag and unlock the front door. Walking in, you notice how dark and messy the house is. Something is wrong. 

You walk down the hallway and freeze outside your best friend's bedroom. You can hear faint sniffles and shaky breaths. You knock gently so you don't scare him, then open the door slowly. The room is so dark that you can barely make out the slight shape of your friend. 

Holland turns his head towards you, and despite the lack of light, you lock eyes. 
"Hey," you say quietly. "What's up? How can I help?"

He shakes his head. "You can't help. You can't stop them or get rid of them."

You sit down next to Holland, putting him gently against you so that he can feel you're there. You feel some of the tension leave his body. "Who?" You ask, voice soft. "What did they do?"

"Just... people." He responds, his voice hoarse. His shuddering breaths break your heart. "The usual, you know. The haters." 

You immediately tense, but Holland puts his hand on your knee. 

"It's fine, it's just..." His voice breaks.

"It's not fine. What did they say?"

"They... they said I'm a monster and I'm worthless and a wreck and a mess and I'm meaningless and that I shouldn't exist. Some even said I should... you know... kill myself." By this point, holland is shaking and you can feel tears, both yours and his, falling to your arms. 

"Oh Taeseob, I'm so sorry... You are worth so much to me. I don't know what I'd do without you. You're not a monster for having different preferences. And you know what? Everyone is a wreck and a mess sometimes, and that's okay. But you are not meaningless. You mean everything to me, Seob. If you didn't exist then my life would be so much darer. And please... it may be selfish of me to say it, but please don't leave me."

You take a deep, heaving breath. "I know I can't say or do much to help. But, Seob, please remember there are so many people who love and support you. So don't give up. I love you." 

Holland hugs you. "Thank you." He whispers. "You may not see your words as meaning much, but words are powerful. So thank you."

You can't see it, but you can feel him smile "I love you, Y/N. I don't say it enough. You mean so much to me. You... you make me feel at home. Wherever you are... is home. This feeling. This is home.

(Written by Cae of project.promise)

This Is Homeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें