knock knock

Whitey peered down through the window and watched as people gathered around for deafening music. Obnoxious lights shined all around from the stage and the speakers nearly shook the ground. And they just stood there. Waving sticks. In the dark.

As he opened the door, Bear quietly walked inside a dim lighted room. He went towards Whitey, who made no gestures of acknowledging him in the room. Not until,

"What are you doing here?".

Bear jolted a bit and sighed lightly. "I don't like what you're doing to my brother."

"That's what you came here for?-"

"He used to be the most carefree person I knew, and now he's always so busy!" Bear jumped in. "I know it's you who's doing this. You ruined him."

Whitey slid his hand down from the windowsill and turned slowly with a tired resting face. "Do you think it's easy to watch over all these little ants? They come and go, but walk into another room and they're waiting there. Look under the boxes and they're living there."

"It wasn't always like that!" Bear shouted against any sound Whitey made. "You act like you're some big stuff just because you came here from another world?! You ruined my home! People stopped living here because of YOU!"

Bear inched closer to Whitey, who seemed only a little taken back by this tantrum. "Families were torn apart because of you. You started this stupid rumor that we're all infectious. My mother left me and Sam after finding out YOU were in his life. You got those children killed. You let them in."

"What are you talking about?-"

"May twenty-first, 2018, three students and one teacher missing after incident with a mysterious murderer. Case goes cold until October first, when Robloxians invaded the abandoned school and the murderer was found to be a Robloxian as well. You came from another world, you enabled this chain reaction of my home being destroyed. And now you've convinced my brother to work for you and ignore everyone he used to care about. You... You ruined... Everything."

Bear leaped forward and towered over Whitey, strangling him. Whitey struggled to pull his arms off, but soon pulled his entire body out the window. He watched the other fall down and roll off the roof, then opened a portal to leave the scene.

Bear crashed through the porch stairs and whimpered. He shakingly got up to a crawl and looked over to the crowd. It was clear a handful of people heard. He quickly grunted out apologies to Yorick and quickly left.

Bear hopped down a hill and came across a wall, and took out a single pebble. This made a few more rocks fall out which was small enough to be hidden but big enough for him to crawl into. After getting inside, he put the rocks back in place and checked his body for splinters and bruises. There were only a few bruises, but nothing especially urgent, so he sighed and went further in.

As he sat behind a podium holding a skull, he heard footsteps. He brushed them off as he was hidden underground, but soon he heard rocks being pushed around. Before he knew it, someone had gotten inside his alone-hole.

He tuned out all the sounds and screams he heard while still hiding behind the podium. He kept turned away, being taught not to get into someone else's business. In this time, he thought about how it was before.

"Now now, children, don't barge into other people's rooms."

"Mommy, we're just playing!" Bear cried out. Sam nodded his head quickly in agreement. The two brothers were running around the mansion playing hide and seek tag while their 'Auntie' and Daddy were visiting. Their family visiting could never get in the way of their daily dose of fun games!

"I know, dear, but it's rude for people who are busy with something else. Your cousin is sleeping."

Sam budged up, "But he's-" but he was cut off.

"Sammy, that's not something you say out loud. Not in front of him."

Their mother gestured towards Bear and he tilted his head in confusion. Thinking about it now still confused him. He never knew what his mother meant.

Sooner or later, the noise faded out, and Bear breathed in and out. "You make less noise if you breathe less," he recited from his dear brother. He looked back at the entrance, which was a broken hole in what was once his cleverly constructed door. As he stood up, he noticed a lot of blood that was at the bottom of the hole and streamed down into a pool of blood right by the podium. He gagged at the disgusting shine of the dark puddle. Maybe this place wasn't so secret and safe after all.