Intro + my journey

Graphic design: " is art with a purpose. It involves a creative and systematic plan to solve a problem or achieve certain objectives, with the use of images, symbols or even words. It is visual communication and the aesthetic expression of concepts and ideas using various graphic elements and tools" (treefrog.ca). 

With graphic design, there are so many components and elements that make up a certain graphic. Be it the colour, the text, or the composition, graphic designing take precision and time to master.  In this manual guide, I'll give advice and tips regarding graphic design. I'm definitely not a professional or anything similar but I'll input what I know and I'll also ask for fellow designers to give their thoughts and tips as well. 

My journey

Graphic designing wasn't always my favourite hobby. I used to enjoy drawing traditional art like sketching and doodling. However, I realized that since last year, my passion for drawing has slowly died down. Even when I try picking up a pencil in the corner and draw on some scrap piece of paper, my creative juices weren't flowing like they used to. As an artist, I wasn't extremely technical or anything; I took art classes in the past but probably when I was only seven. 

When I learned about graphic designing, I instantly enjoyed it - most likely because I used to love drawing. Started from PicMonkey and then somehow made my way to Photoshop - the road getting there wasn't easy. It took time, patience, and hard work. Like any designer, I took a long break - approximately half a year before I came back to graphic designing (school related reasons). When I decided to come back to wattpad to design covers again, I was very surprised how talented everyone was. Instead of mopping about being rusty at designing, I was determined to improve - taking one step at a time. 

As of today, I'm still trying to improve and develop new skills. There's so much to learn in the field of graphic design and I'm nowhere close of uncovering them all. However, I hope that with time, I'll become a better and greater designer.

--

What is your graphic designing journey? Any suggestions of what I should write about in the next few chapters?