Insanity

Disclaimer: I do not own d gray man, but wonderful hoshino-sensei does!

Warnings: angsty, boyxboy love, inaccuracies of what they actually do at asylums, Kanda's mouth

Enjoy~

:~:~:~:

Loud footsteps accompanied by the splash of water.

The deafening noise of sirens going throughout the city, joined by the shouts of the policemen.

The calls of the people that worked at that horrible place, beckoning him to come back.

The short breaths of a boy running from people that he once thought of as friends, as family even.

But that's all over now. His "family" is out to kill him, believing the lies of that bastard Rouvelier. The boy has a large gash in his side, blood pouring from the wound with every step he takes. But he can't stop. He has to keep running.

'I can't hurt anyone else' he thinks as he runs. His breaths slowly start to become fewer and far between, footsteps getting heavier as his vision begins to blur.

'I can't... hurt... anyone else...' the boy begins to slowly stumble and swerve, his senses giving one last push so that he can hear his own heart pounding in his chest. then finally, darkness.

:~:~:~:

~eight months ago~

The Chinese girl stared at the older blonde male, surprised at what she had just been told. Tears started to form at the edges of her eyes, threatening to fall onto the hard wood floor below her.

"N-no... He can't be!" Lenalee cried. "L-Lavi... can't be..."

Rouvelier nodded, trying to hide the arrogant smirk that was forming but failing miserably. "I truley am sorry to inform you of what Allen has done," he began, "But what he has done cannot go without consequence. We are admitting him to the phsiciatric hospital tomorow." and with that, he walked off into the dark doorway with a somewhat sadistic looking grin to go along with his cocky stride. Finally, he closed the door behind him.

Lenalee finally let her first round of sobs out, clinging to her brother for stability. Komui held onto her as he lightly patted her back, whispering the common Lie "it's going to be okay" in her ear. This only made her cries for her two best friends louder, her legs grow weaker, and her grip grow tighter.

"It should've been me!" she cried, "He only died because he was protecting me..."

Kanda stood in disbelief. He refused to believe Allen had killed someone, especially someone who meant so much to him. Allen was a martyr, not a god damned psycho killer. Hell, he even cried about killing the mouse that had gotten into his apartment a few weeks ago for christs sake! This whole situation... It just felt wrong to the Asian man.

So many emotions went through him, starting with surprise, then worry, sadness, and finally, anger. The swordsman punched the wall, leaving a hole filled with only rubble, then walked off. He didn't believe a word that blonde bastard said.

:~:~:~:

~five months ago~

"Allen... Please stop screaming... They're only trying to help..." Lenalee said. Tears lightly rolled down her cheeks, leaving small wet trails in their wake. A man next to a big metal machine took another quick look at Allen, then went back to the machines and pulled a switch. Allen let out a blood curdling scream, making slight convulsions joined with a light twitch.

The girl jumped a little at the scream, then covered her mouth to hide the loud sobs now coming from her mouth. She walked quickly away, roughly pulling open the door and letting it slam behind her as she walked off. And she wouldn't be coming back. It was just too much for her.