Pretty Weird, Right?

NOT MY ART- I can't draw at all xd

[Conner's POV]
    I sat emotionless at the roots of a disfigured tree. The lightning from a while back had zapped the life out of it. It couldn't be healed, far too dead. It represented me in a way. Lifeless, nothing to hope for or lose. We just take up space.
    I sat at the tree bottom for hours, like I normally do. Anyone who walks through the forest stares at me weirdly. I mean who wouldn't? I'm a male with long hair, makeup, eye bags (the makeup doesn't cover them), wearing dark and long clothing in the middle of summer, a jacket, and a satchel just staring at nothing. Pretty weird, right?
    I stare back at them just to freak them out and walk faster. I go back to staring at nothing when they are gone. Staring at nothing would be boring to the normal person, but then again, the normal person has feelings. I, on the matter, have none. Pretty weird, right?
    I hear leaves crunching. I look up and see a small boy. His height made him look 12, he looked matured besides that. A high schooler maybe? Now that I think about it.. I think I've seen him around. He has some of the same classes as me. I stare into his soul to try and freak him out like the others, but he doesn't look up. Pretty weird, right?
    This small boy, I believe his name is Evan, keeps walking, fidgeting nervously. His head is down and his hair is a mess. I raised an eyebrow at him even though he doesn't look at me.  I shrug it off and went back to staring at nothing.
    30 minutes or so later, I hear a small thump. I decided to go investigate. I jump up and walk towards the place where I heard the thump. I probably wouldn't have located it if it weren't for the muffled sobs.
    I looked around for a few minutes. The sobbing quieted down into complete silence. I decided to give up a minute after that. I started walking back towards my tree when I tripped.
I looked back to see what tripped me. It was a human limb.
    I stood up and looked down to get a better view. It was that small child from earlier. His eyes were closed, he looked peaceful. I saw that he was breathing, so he is alive. I tilted my head, feeling a little at peace myself. Pretty weird, right.
    I instantly realized that I was feeling something. This boy must be important to me. I sat down to where I was leaning against the tree. I put the boys head in my lap. I realized his arm was bent an unnatural way. I put some medicine on it, to try and make his arm feel at least a little bit. I combed my hands through his hair softly. I waited until he woke up.
    I was too mesmerized by his beauty to count how many minutes had gone by. I looked at the sky. It looked about the same except a few more clouds than the last time I checked. I looked back down at the boy.
    A few minutes after that, the boy started to stir. His eyelids fluttered open, revealing precious baby blue eyes. I held back an 'awe' as he opens his eyes all the way. He panics as he sees me over him. He tries sitting up. He grunts in pain and falls back down.
    "You okay?" I ask in my most gentle voice. He squeaks a no and shakes his head. "Do you remember what happened?"
    He thinks for a moment then his eyes widen in panic. "I- uh. No I don't!!"  He looks anywhere but my eyes. I can see tears dealing his eyes. That won't do.
    I wipe the tears from his eyes, caressing his face. He flinched away from my touch. "Relax, I'm not gonna hurt you." That didn't help too much. I sighed and leaned back. "Is it alright if I take you to the hospital? Your arm seems broken." He nodded his head.
    "Okay, I'm gonna carry you to my car, unless you can walk?" He tried you get up, but failed. "I'm carrying you, that okay?" He hesitated before nodding once again.
    I picked him up and walked towards my car.
I put him the passenger seat and buckled him in. I got in the front seat and started the engine to go to the hospital.
    "I'm Conner by the way. Conner Murphy. You're.. Evan, right?"
"H-how did y-you kn-ow?"
"We're in some of the same classes together."
"O-Oh.." He trailed off. I decided not to say anything, instead just put some music on.
    "Y-You-" He sounded surprised by his own voice. He coughed a little. "l-like ja-jazz?"
"Yeah it's underrated. What music do you like?"
"Blues.."
    They continue talking about random things as they made their way to the hospital. They were both comfortable. Evan rested into the seat. He was originally tensed and not leaning against the seat. Even though something tragic had just happened, I feel happy. Pretty weird, right?

———

I believe that's the end of this chapter? Let's see how long this fic lasts 🤣
Thanks for reading this!
I love critique so please point out any errors.
I'll post again later!
~Birch / Kennedy
Btw pls refer to me as they / them XD
🟨⬜️🟪⬛️