𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

CHAPTER FOUR | THE FIVE 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

AFTER STEFAN HAD GIVEN KLARA THE NIGHT OF HER LIFE, THE TWO WENT TO SLEEP. They were kept out of the loop of Damon's hunter adventures had hadn't really heard anything, so the couple thought the best thing to do was to get themselves up to speed with what was going on. "So, what is all this?" Stefan asked as he examined a wooden stake with the hunter's mark on it.

Damon entered the room with a box on his shoulder. "Some personal items that I snaked from the vampire hunter's RV. May he rest in peace." Klara's eyes widened— Damon must've killed him. "I'm searching for a supernatural handbook."

Klara furrowed her brows as she looked through some of the boxes that were dotted around the room. "How'd you know the guy was supernatural? He was a hunter. That doesn't make him supernatural."

"Definitely wasn't natural." Damon corrected as he began to take test tubes and what appeared to be science equipment from a box. "The guy magically appears just as someone blows up the entire Founder's Council. He's covered in a tattoo that only Jeremy Gilbert—of all people in the world—seems to be able to see. Klaus mentioned something about him being one of The Five. Then he kamikazes himself with explosives." The eldest Salvatore glared at Stefan and Klara. "Sound natural to either of you?"

Stefan furrowed his brows. "What's The Five?"

"That's what I'm hoping is in the first chapter of the handbook." Damon gave his brother a smirk before he pulled out his cellphone and answered it. "Liz Forbes, my favorite Sheriff." His eyes widened. "What? That's... concerning. Keep me posted." Damon simply hung up the phone and slid it into his back pocket, with an irritated look on his face. "They didn't find any remains at the explosion site."

"So that means that the very-dead vampire hunter isn't actually dead after all." Klara tutted. "And he knows you and Klaus tried to kill him. That's just... great."

"Apparently so. I'm gonna need you, my brother, to get on this today. I have to take your girlfriend, your ex-girlfriend and Bon-Bon to college."

Klara's mouth hung open in surprise. "What, no. Bonnie and I were going together. Without you. Why are you coming?"

"I'm teaching Elena how to feed, Klara. Since you and your boyfriend have been too busy making sweet, sweet love." Damon mocked while the couple awkwardly cleared their throats. "She needs to learn snatch, eat, erase now more than ever, and what better place to do that than at a college full of students."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Klara exhaled deeply as she pulled herself out of Damon's car once he'd parked on Whitemore campus. Bonnie wasn't thrilled about the nature of Damon and Elena's trip with them, but Klara assured the Bennett witch that it would be okay.