Part 1

I remember saying good morning, as soon as I woke up. When I would get a good morning back from you, it would make me smile. I was in love, and no matter how long we were apart, we would talk every night. I would stay up until three in the morning talking to you, and then I would say good night. I don't want those times of happiness to go away. You make me feel whole, and without you there is a piece of my heart missing.

Sunlight peeked through the curtains; the smell of coffee filled the air. I curled up in your favorite chair drinking my cup of coffee; it was so quiet you could hear the birds singing their good morning song outside. It had been two weeks, two weeks since he died. I was still thinking of what I was going to tell Charlie. I know that I would have to tell him soon either way, I'm just not ready. I hate seeing him sad, He's too young, he won't understand. As I walk into his bedroom in the morning, I stared at him for a second. Thinking about what his reaction would be when I told him. Would he be mad at me, would he be mad at god, or would he be mad at his dad for leaving. I didn't want to think of it. I shook the thoughts out of my head. I opened Charlies bedroom door and walked over to the curtains. "Time to wake up, Charlie." I opened the curtains, letting a flow of sunlight in. Charlie woke up, stretched and wined. "Mom, five more minutes. Please." He groaned. I jumped on his bed and cuddled up next to him, running my fingers through his hair. "You got to get up buddy. It's time for school." I smiled. Charlie was six, he was our son. Charlie sat in an upright position. "Is daddy coming home today?" Charlie asked eyes half open, holding his teddy bear in one arm, the one Anthony had given him for his birthday. "Not today sweetheart. But he will be home soon. I promise." I said, I hated lying to him, but I didn't have the heart to tell him that his father wasn't coming back. That he was dead. "But for now, it's time to get up. Come on." He moaned, stretching again and rubbing his eyes as he got up out of bed. "Breakfast is downstairs. Hurry up before it gets cold." I said giving him a kiss on the forehead. I got up and gave him a smile and left the room.