Their story

"'I looked up from my invention hearing what sounded like a scream getting closer and closer until- "Leonardo Valdez!" I nearly fell out my chair, "Nicholas di angelo?" To which he responded, "you know that's not my name," and I said, "well my name isn't leonardo, what do you want anyway?" Nico took a deep breath, maybe because he screamed the entire way to the workshop, and asked, "do you like boys?" To which I calmly, not at all freaked out, replied, "WhY dO yOU AsK?" Because I may or may not have had a small infatuation towards him, but that's not the issue at hand. "Do you valdez?!" "Yes!" Okay, so he scared me a bit, he literally calls himself the ghost king! Who wouldn't feel threatened? Then he, no joke, pulled my collar down so we were eye to eye, that's right! Y'boy had a growth spirt! Anyway, he pulled me down to his eye level, growled, the man fucking growled at me, and said in a menacing voice, "then why, have you not, asked me out?!" To which I, not at all wanting to shit my pants sorta way said, "well i thought you just wanted to be friends?" Did I mention that I didn't sound like a mouse wanting to cry? cause I didn't. I think he might have lost it at that point because he let go of my shirt, stepped back, and began cackling. I nervously began to laugh in fear he may rip my head off and no one would find the body. He stopped suddenly to glare at me, again, I reaffirm that I did not shit my pants, and said, "I do not want to be friends with you." I felt my heart drop. "I want to be GAY WITH YOU!!!!!" And then my heart felt like it would jump out of my chest and run a marathon. "What?" I admit, the sound I made sounded a bit like a squeak. "SO! WILL YOU TAKE ME ON A DATE?!" I may have been trembling, I'm still not sure whether it was out of fear or joy? "Y-yes," "So you are my boyfriend?" I am not sure whether I should be scared or elated but I'd rather not say no to him at that point so I said, "yeah, I guess so?" And then, I shit you not, you bolted outside and all I hear is, "SEE WILL! I GOT A BOYFRIEND BEFORE YOU!!!" And then I almost died laughing. And that is the story of how we started dating," leo finished with a bright smile on his face before he sat back down. Nico turned to his newly wed husband as of mere hours ago and took his arm in his own, staring deeply into his eyes, "leo, love of my life, apple of my eye, the air which I breath, as you are aware, today is our wedding day, so if you tell that story one more time I am going back to the priest and asking for a divorce," all with a smile on his face. However leo, being used to the shorter man's threats simply said, "alright sweety, I'll stop telling the story," nico let go of Leo's arm and visibly relaxed into his chair. "For now," leo breathed out causing nico to flinch and send a glare at the other, though there was no real heat behind it, after all, he just married the love of his life, he can let him live for today.