★5★

𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 21𝐬𝐭, 1989

- - - - - -

"Kandi wake up it's time for your first day of school!", Lisa hollered while jumping on Kandi's bed.

"Lisa stop being so loud, it's way to early for all that noise", Kandi said covering her ears.

"Oh sorry, I'm just so excited", she said.

"Well let me get myself together, then you can come back and pick an outfit out for me", she lied trying to get her to leave the room.

"Ok, let me know when you're finished", she said sprinting out of the room.

"Hey, why are you already dressed? You said I could pick out an outfit for you?!", Lisa asked, holding a pink tutu in her hand.

"Yeah I just said that so you would leave", Kandi said scratching the back of my head.

"You could've just told me to leave", she said frowning.

"Anyways what are we gonna do with that hair of yours, it's all over the place", she said grabbing a piece of her hair.

"I haven't figured that out yet", Kandi said sitting on her bed.

"I can do something to it real quick, but we gotta be at school in about an hour", she said.

"Well do your thing!", Kandi said pulling Lisa into the bathroom.

"Well what do you think", Lisa said handing Kandi a mirror.

"Wow, it looks great", I say smiling up at her.

She detangled her straight hair and put it in little ponytails. (Photo is at the top)

"I hope your bag is packed, it's time to go", Lisa said, yanking her out of my room.

After about 30 minutes of riding in the backseat of her uncle's car, they finally arrived at Bayside High.

"You girls be good at school today, especially you Kandi", her uncle said, looking at me through the rearview mirror.

"Daddy, I'll make sure she stays out of trouble", Lisa reassured.

"Ok princess", he said smiling back at her.

"Now if you don't mind I have to get Kandi to the principal's office, bye !", she said yanking Kandi out of the car.

"Bye girls", her uncle said waving at both of them through the open window.

"Bye", Kandi said waving back at him.

★ ☆ ★

"We still have a couple minutes before class starts so we'll go to the office and get your schedule and then I'll introduce you to my friends", Lisa said finally letting go of her arm.