prologue + 1.0

ʀᴇɴᴇᴇ ᴘɪᴇʀᴄᴇ, ᴀᴅᴏᴘᴛᴇᴅ ᴀᴛ ᴀɢᴇ 𝟽 ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀᴛʟᴀɴᴛᴀ ᴍᴀssᴀᴄʀᴇ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ʟᴇғᴛ ʜᴇʀ ᴍᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ғᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ᴅᴇᴄᴇᴀsᴇᴅ.

ᴏʀɪɢɪɴᴀʟʟʏ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴀᴅᴏᴘᴛᴇᴅ ʀᴇɴᴇᴇ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ sᴀᴡ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪɴ ʜᴇʀ ᴇʏᴇs. ᴇʏᴇs ғɪʟʟᴇᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ᴀᴍɪᴅsᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇsᴘᴀɪʀ. ᴊᴇғғᴇʀᴇsᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʟʏɴɴ ᴡᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ sᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙᴏɴᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴊᴇɴɴɪғᴇʀ ʙᴜᴛ ɪɴ ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴛʏ, ɪᴛ ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴏʀᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ. ʀᴇɴᴇᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴊᴇɴɴɪғᴇʀ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴘᴏʟᴀʀ ᴏᴘᴘᴏsɪᴛᴇs ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇɢɪɴɴɪɴɢ. ᴊᴇɴɴɪғᴇʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ ʀᴇɴᴇᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ǫᴜɪᴇᴛ, ʀᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇᴅ ᴄʜɪʟᴅ.

ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴀᴛᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴏᴛɪᴠᴀᴛɪᴏɴ.

Renee Pierce

❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦

"ɪ ғɪɴᴅ ɪᴛ ɪʀᴏɴɪᴄ ʜᴏᴡ ᴡᴇ ʟɪᴠᴇ ɪɴ ғʀᴇᴇʟᴀɴᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇɴ'ᴛ ғʀᴇᴇ," she felt her eyes prick with hot, angry tears. She thought having a family meant having a strong bond, not just feeling the pain of being ignored. Renee buried her head into her knees, her back pressed against the door of her room.

Seething with rage, she didn't know why she cried so much, maybe because it was the only thing she could do. Jefferson Pierce kept Renee in the dark about everything, they excluded her from every talk, every meeting, every 'outing.'

At school it was no better, Jennifer ignored her, and every-time they spoke it was out of anger. She could never get through to her, Jennifer didn't want to hear anything she had to say.

"Hey?" Jennifer opened her door, she looked down at her feet, wondering why Renee was on the floor. "Get up, go get some fresh air. You've been cooped up in this room for how long?"

"As if you care, Jennifer," Renee got up, wiping her eyes. She couldn't let Jennifer see her cry, it was embarrassing. She'd probably clown Renee for weeks, even months. Renee pushed passed Jennifer, going outside she had no idea where she was going but her feet would guide the way.

Renee put in her headphones, heading towards her secluded area. No one could find her here. The crystal blue lake, underneath the willow tree. It relaxed her immediately, she always seemed calm nearby some body of water. It was soothing, she never felt stressed near water.

"Aye?" She was snapped out of her thoughts by a random, curly-haired boy. It wasn't completely secluded, the lake was right next to a bustling road but people rarely even walked down it. "You go to Garfield?"