7.

˗ˏˋ "i should be giving you a talk

˗ˏˋ "i should be giving you a talk." 'ˎ˗

despite being back in san fransisco, where she was raised all of her life, some part of aurora still felt lost.

she ends up booking a room at a hotel about ten minutes from the pier, and not so far from the cemetery. all of which were walking distance, sure it would be a long walk, but she enjoyed wandering the familiar city.

it was a chilly and cloudy thanksgiving morning, nothing out of the usual.

and aurora made her way to the cemetery. a bouquet of "flowers" in hand (they were fake for obvious reasons), and making her way up and down the steep streets of san francisco.

so many thoughts going through her head, she wondered how it would have been if her mom wasn't diagnosed with als, and if she was still here.

aurora would have never created an amazing friendship with penelope, spencer, and the others. and she was sure, carolyn would have never mentioned david.

finally arriving at the cemetery, she cleans up the headstone seeing as it was a bit dirty. she places the flowers into the little vase that stood next to it.

aurora sighs as she takes a seat on the ground, pulling out a book out of her backpack.

"i brought your favorite.. little women." she smiled weakly as she opened the book, flipping to the page that was marked.

reading out loud the quote that was highlighted, "watch and pray, dear, never get tired of trying, and never think it is impossible to conquer your fault."

"oh!" aurora quickly set down her book and reached into her backpack, rummaging to find something.

finally pulling out a small little figure, and places it next to her headstone, smiling.

it was a sea lion, carolyn had bought it for aurora when she was eight.

"oh mom.." she sighed as she looks down placing with her rings, "i miss you a lot.."

aurora's vision started to blur as tears filled her eyes, "it's not the same without you.. thanksgiving is ruined because you're not here. so i guess i'll have to set up the christmas tree in my apartment alone this year."

she chuckles as she wiped her tears, ".. also, there's this guy.. you would have loved him ... his name is spencer..."

aurora sighs but continues, "he's so smart, sweet.. and kind of funny.. i wouldn't tell him to his face though because it'd get to his head.." she chuckled.

"he makes me feel, so amazing. i get those stupid butterflies and everything. and i just wish you were here so i could get some kind of motherly advice.."

after sitting there for a bit, aurora gets up and dusts her pants off picking up her backpack and putting it on.

"bye ma, happy thanksgiving, love you the most.."