8.

˗ˏˋ "

˗ˏˋ "..and you will always have us." 'ˎ˗

the two flew back the next day, and penelope had picked them up from the airport. aurora had knocked out in the car, leaving penelope and spencer to talk.

"where are we going garcia?" he asked, noticing she wasn't driving towards any of their houses.

"well, rossi finally got the memo on thanksgiving and he's hosting a dinner for everyone on the team."

once they arrived, aurora had conveniently woke up right as they pulled up in front of david's mansion.

"pg, what are we doing here?" she asked rubbing her eyes.

"well sweet cakes, you'll see."

they all got off the car, and once they entered, there was fall decorations all over.

"oh aurora." david sighs pulling her into a tight hug.

she smiles, "hey dad."

"kid, where'd you go? we were worried sick." derek comments, she goes over to hug him.

"yeah, uh, i'm sorry if i worried you guys.. i just wanted to spend thanksgiving with my mom because i figured we weren't doing anything.. and my mom always did something for the holiday and i guess i was being dramatic and.." she found herself rambling, so she chuckles and finishes up. "i just don't like change."

"we can't imagine what you're going through," hotch began, and emily continues for him.

"...but we are your family now. whether you like it or not." she laughs.

jj chuckles softly, and puts her arm around her "and you will always have us. every single one of us aurora."

"that's what i've been saying!" penelope agreed. "we might be dysfunctional, but we are a family."

aurora wipes her tears, "i hate all of you for making me cry."

they all chuckled, but hotch said, "we are all here for you aurora."

"well.." david says as he puts an arm around his daughter, "let the late thanksgiving festivities begin."

that evening, they had a thanksgiving dinner. one that aurora, never imagined having. yet, she loved every second of it. and she will never forget it.

she met jack, will, and henry, and she got along with all of them. especially jack and henry, she was always good with kids.

an old record played in the background as they laughed, joked, and just enjoyed each other's company. it felt like a scene of a movie, and it felt amazing.

aurora's apartment
third person pov
7:34pm