ii. love & philophobia

chapter 2 - love & philophobia

➳ ➳

"I'm afraid I have bad news." Dante Wallace, the President of Mount Weather, informed Clarke. They were currently in his office, just a few minutes after Clarke's recent failed attempt at escaping. "Our patrols have swept the area and found no evidence of survivors. Either at your camp or from the Ark."

At his words, Clarke immediately shook her head in denial. "How can they be sure?"

"They can't." He replied. "But I've ordered them to keep searching—"

"I need to see for myself." She cut him off, but he instantly shot the idea down.

"I'm sorry. I can't allow that." He apologized. However, his tone wasn't exactly sincere. "I'm doing this for your own good, Clarke. It's not safe out there."

"But the radiation has no effect on us." She reminded him.

"Yes, but it's not the radiation I'm concerned about." He informed her, before motioning for the guards to come and retrieve her. "You need time to grieve. These men here will show you to your room."

"And if I try to leave?" She questioned.

President Wallace tilted his head slightly and stared down at the young blonde with a distinct look of power laced in his eyes. "Please don't test me, Clarke."

And with that, the men escorted her out of his office, leaving the older, white-haired man wearing what seemed to be an innocent smirk on his face. Although, it was anything but.

➳ ➳

Hours had gone by since Dakota last saw her brother, and after a while of holding, caressing, and singing lightly to the brunette in her arms, Octavia finally fell asleep. Either that, or she was unconscious, which Kota didn't know how to determine.

Still, she hoped that she was unable to feel pain in whatever nonverbal state she was currently resting in beyond her closed eyelids. Kota knew that no matter how exhausted she felt, falling into any sort of slumber was out of the question if it meant letting her guard down.

According to Trikru, she might as well be considered an enemy among her former clan due to what they deem was her "betrayal." Because of that reason, and the fact that they were currently residing—or hiding, rather—in their territory, she'd have to be on the lookout to protect them at all costs.

Taking that opportunity to truly observe the girl who was resting her head in Kota's lap, she ran her fingers through Octavia's soft brown hair and found herself absentmindedly picking out a couple of loose leaves and some mild debris in the process.