Chapter 1

Diana was ready to go home. She'd had a long day at school, but most importantly she was just really hungry. At least she hadn't fallen asleep in most of her classes today, just geography. Now, it wasn't that Diana was a bad student, she just didn't care to learn things she would never use again. Besides, she was smart. Smarter than most girls in her class at least, and picked up the concepts taught fairly quickly.

Diana's plans for the rest of the afternoon included chatting with her friends for a while, walking home, and finally eating dinner alone at home while her parents were out. Again. What her plans did not include were Tommy Wagner. Who was, at that very moment, walking straight towards her. 

Tommy had been flirting relentlessly with Diana for the better part of the semester, and no matter how many times Diana said she wasn't interested, he would not give up. He had tried to get her attention many different ways: bringing her flowers in the mornings, serenading her after school, he'd even gone as far as pointing out all the ways in which he was or could be better than her last boyfriend, Edmund Pevensie.

"How is my pretty lady doing toady?" Tommy Wagner smiled his most charismatic smile in hopes that this would be the day Diana Beauchamp would swoon. 

Diana sighed. But gave him a smile nonetheless, "Not yours, but I'm doing good. How are you, Tommy?"

"I'm doing great, my dear. In fact, I'm doing better just now than I was doing a few minutes ago." He had begun walking with her and wasted no time putting an arm around her shoulders.

"And why's that?" She quirked an eyebrow, "Did you find a girl who loves you yet?"

Tommy gave an overly dramatic sigh before putting a hand to his chest. "You hurt me, Diana Beauchamp. But don't you worry, there's still time for you to fall."

Diana giggled a little at that. She liked Tommy, she did. Just not the way he wanted. They had been great friends before he got all crazy about her and she truly believed that no amount of rejections would change that. It's not like she wanted to reject him either. Tommy Wagner was a handsome young man, no one could deny that, and they enjoyed each others company. If it had been anyone but Tommy, Diana might have had already said yes, but because it was him, she didn't want to lead him on.

"Alright then, Mr. Wagner. What could have possibly happened in just a few minutes to make your whole day better?"

"One day my answer will be that you told me you loved me," Diana only rolled her eyes at that. "However, today it has something to do with your lover boy." Tommy rolled his eyes at his own words too, his last words emphasized with disgust.

"My lover... Oh, you mean Edmund?" Tommy nodded enthusiastically, ready to tell her what he'd done this time. Diana shook her head and sighed, "What did he do?"

"He tried to sign up for the military again. Keyword, tried." And so Tommy happily proceeded to tell Diana the story in which Edmund had made a fool of himself.

xxxxx

After her talk with Tommy, finding the Pevensie siblings wasn't hard. Not when she knew exactly where they would be. And she found them just outside, standing by their bike.

Diana absolutely adored the Pevensie's. She had been going to school with Lucy for a couple of years now and spent a lot of time with the lot of them. Even though Diana was closer with Edmund and Lucy, since she saw them almost every day, she was also good friends with the two eldest. Especially Peter, who reminded her so much of the brother she had lost.

"Alberta Scrubb?" She exclaimed putting one arm around each sibling.

The youngest Pevensie's startled for a moment but smiled once they turned to see their laughing best friend.

"Diana!" Edmund wrapped both arms tight around his friend. Even though their relationship hadn't worked out, he still loved her very much.

"Really, Edmund, your imagination is endless." Diana laughed squeezing him back.

"Oh, shut up, will you? And wipe that smirk from your face." He replied pushing her gently. "How did you even find out already?"

"Tommy Wagner, of course." At that Lucy crossed her arms and Edmund scoffed.

"You would think he's in love with Edmund and not you by the way he pays attention to him." That caused Diana to laugh.

"You might be right, Lu." She said shaking her head. "If only he spent more time nagging your brother than me." But when she turned to her friend she was already distracted looking at something else with a weird look on her face.

Diana nudged Lucy with her shoulder. "Hey," she waited until Lucy had turned to face her. "What's wrong?"

But Lucy just shrugged her shoulders, quickly muttering 'nothing' under her breath before turning to Diana and asking if she'd like to come for dinner.

"I don't want to disturb you guys or your family, besides I'm sure your uncle hates me."

"C'mon Diana, please come." Edmund begged. "You're the only thing that can make that house more bearable. Or I'm sure soon I'll end up murdering that insufferable little boy we call our cousin."

Lucy turned a hard look on her brother but Diana only smiled. "Lead the way before I change my mind. And if it's dark when I leave, you'll have to walk me home."

Of course Edmund agreed and soon the three of them were walking away from the city. Laughing and joking all the way home.