𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER SEVEN | MY BROTHER'S KEEPER

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

IT WAS MISS MYSTIC FALLS, ALSO KNOWN AS KLARA'S LEAST FAVOURITE DAY. Caroline had helped tremendously was the event management, rather than entering, and she was determined to get Klara to attend. The Adams girl didn't usually make a bee-line for such events, though for Caroline she was willing, but she wanted to irritate her a little first.

"Personally, I don't understand the fuss." Klara rolled her eyes as she stepped out of her bathroom and into her bedroom with a towel wrapped around her body. "The whole thing is just— ugh."

"That's because you don't appreciate the event." Caroline snapped immediately laid back on Klara's large, double bed that was situated in nearest the window. "You're still coming, whether you like it or not. So, you should probably start picking out a dress now."

The blonde vampire pouted toward her best friend. "What if I don't want to?"

"Oh, come on!" Caroline flapped her arms around with an irritated look on her face. "Please, just do it for me... I'll even help you get ready. Stefan Salvatore won't know what's hit him when he sees you..."

Klara's stern demeanor instantly faded as she pulled a strappy, red dress from her closet and held it out in front of her. "Hm, what about this?" 

Caroline shook her head with a disgusted look on her face, and Klara pushed it back into the closet. "So, have you heard the latest on Damon and Elena: she's got feelings for him?"

"Oh, don't even get me started!" Caroline's tone indicated nothing but sheer disapproval of Elena and Damon being a couple. "He's quite literally taken advantage of her newbie vampire heart and made his move. Don't get me wrong, I love you and Stefan together and I've been secretly rooting for you guys for ages, but I can't help but think she's got feelings for Damon because Stefan's no longer available."

"What?" Klara's eyes widened as she twirled around from her closet to face Caroline who gave her a pointed look. "Oh, my God. Do you think?"

"Maybe. I don't know. She said it herself, she's confused." Caroline threw herself backward onto Klara's bed once again with her eyes fixed on the ceilings. "Speaking of confused: Klaus asked to be my date for Miss Mystic Falls since I promised him a date..."

"I have noticed that since he's been interested in you, shall we say, he's mellowed out an awful lot." Klara chuckled lightly as she pulled a blue strapless dress from the closet and placed it against her body. "There's definitely been a lot less death since he started obsessing over you. What about this?"

"I like that." Caroline nodded in approval as Klara tossed the dress onto her bed and closed the doors to her closet. "But, in terms of Klaus... I just— I love Tyler so, so much. But—"