10.

˗ˏˋ "the whole point is for it to be a secret

˗ˏˋ "the whole point is for it to be a secret." 'ˎ˗

spencer never had contacted her to apologize, mostly because he was really busy with cases. but a minute didn't go by where aurora didn't cross his mind.

and of course, he never left her mind.

aurora was baking cookies in her kitchen with assistance from her good friend, penelope.

"ya know, you should be a baker!" penelope smiles as she picks at the left over cookie dough that was still in the bowl.

the two were making all types of cookies; sugar cookies, chocolate chip, snickerdoodles, and oatmeal and raisin cookies.

aurora chuckles, "thank you, i'm trying to perfect it though.. for the christmas party."

"oh sugar, it's amazing! and perfect as it is." she admitted as she started to help clean up. "i'm kind of glad you and spencer aren't on speaking terms. don't get me wrong, yes it's sad seeing you sad. but, one, i have you all to myself and two, you've been baking like you're feeding a village!"

she smiles, "glad you like my pastries."

they started to clean up as they waited for the cookies to bake.

and meanwhile, aurora asked, "penny, be honest with me here..."

"of course, what is it?" she asked as she started to gather the dirty bowls and such that they used.

"why does spencer have an issue with.. like getting close to someone? did he have a girlfriend before that might've broken his heart in some way..?"

penelope's eyes widen, of course she knew what spencer had gone through when maeve died in front of him. and she figured, spencer hadn't told aurora that. which was understandable, but aurora had the right to know. penelope just didn't know if she should be the one to tell her.

she sighs, "rory.. i don't know if i'm the one to tell you this.. it's not really my place."

aurora frowns slightly, "so someone did?"

"it's a long story.." penelope continued, "there was this girl, maeve, she was shot and killed in front of him. and ever since, he's been heart broken."

"i..." she began, but couldn't get words to get off of her tongue. aurora felt terrible, she just wished he would've mentioned it.

it was the last day of november, and aurora was in the bookstore looking for a present for spencer.

"do you think he has a copy of to kill a mockingbird?" she asked as she showed penelope it.

"oh honey, he has every book." penelope chuckled as she skimmed through the book shelves trying to help.

aurora sighs, "i'm going to get him this, then i'll get him... a copy of.. pride and prejudice, the silence of the lambs, and the great gatsby."