MONSTER

i'm a little monster

           MAEVE ZHENG WAS fucking sick of being weak

           MAEVE ZHENG WAS fucking sick of being weak. Sick of waking up in the middle of the night, drenched in sweat after haunting nightmares of her family hurting her (even though they would rather die than harm their angel). Sick of pushing people away because she was a big girl and could save herself. Sick of the shattering sound of glass and bleeding knuckles because she couldn't look at that ugly scar anymore.

           As a child, Maeve and her mother was sent away to the New York Institute. It wasn't their choice but more for Maeve's safety. Being half-faerie in the Shadowhunter home country was not easy. Best case scenario: people looked at her ears funny. Worst case scenario: a couple of fellow brats car—well let's just say things aren't easy. Though Nephilim act as protectors of the world and the best thing that ever happened to it, Valentine Morgenstern didn't get his hatred for Downworlders out of nowhere. So Maeve was sent away for her safety and it totally had nothing to do with the fact that her attackers came from the elite Shadowhunter families.

             Maeve never got the chance to heal. Shadowhunter culture allowed no room for emotions. So as she was able, she was set hunting demons and enforcing the almighty Law. She was a shell of her former self. When she was a girl, a smile never left her face. Now, most of her energy was spent on trying not crying.

            Maeve was fucking sick of being weak. If her world and people didn't love her as herself, then they would fear her for what she will become.

            A monster with blood-stained teeth.

The world needed one when Valentine and Sebastian Morgenstern rose again. Heroes never got shit done.

under a single light, why are there two shadows?
i think something else woke inside me

under a single light, why are there two shadows?i think something else woke inside me