iii. grim reapers

chapter 3 - grim reapers

➳ ➳

Octavia stood at the threshold of the clearing in the woods, waiting desperately for Lincoln and Dakota.
As she waited, she realized that it was hard not to take notice of the dark and eerie atmosphere that seemed to linger under the night sky. It wasn't necessarily out of the ordinary, but still, she just couldn't shake the feeling that something was bound to go wrong tonight.

It scared her to no end because even though she had thought that her words were clear to Indra and that maybe they held some sort of power, she was still left with the doubt that Trikru wasn't going to take her seriously.

Or maybe, they would agree to give Lincoln and Dakota back, however, the two would already be doused with some sort of untreatable poison, that would eventually kill them before the night was over. Either way, her nerves were no doubt jumbled, and her heart was beating faster with every minute that passed.

She gripped harder onto Nyko's outer garments, eagerly waiting for Indra's arrival, and thankfully, she didn't have to wait much longer. A moment later, stepping cautiously into the clearing, was none other than the warrior veteran herself, stringing along a very beaten and wounded, Lincoln and Dakota.

Octavia had expected the siblings to be in some sort of distraught condition after the torture they must have endured, however, she didn't realize it would be to this extent. Her heart ached to see them both in such a weak state. It reminded her of the state that Dakota was once in when Bellamy had tortured her back at camp.

Nevertheless, no pain or exhaustion could keep the smile from reaching her lover's eyes as she took notice of Octavia standing there with Trikru's only healer. The small amount of authority that Octavia had come to possess in such a short amount of time was unmatched, and Dakota was proud of how she was able to obtain Nyko and use him as leverage for her and Lincoln.

Of course, she prayed that this exchange would go well because she didn't want Nyko's life to hang in the balance if things were to go haywire. Lexa had relinquished her trust back into Dakota, and the grounder girl assured her former commander that if they were released, then Trikru's healer would be released as well. After all, Nyko was a close friend to Lincoln, and that automatically made him view Dakota as a little sister too.

If Octavia didn't keep her end of the deal, then it would not only cause even more friction between Trikru and Skaikru, but it would also hinder the recently repaired relationship between Dakota and Lexa. Plus, Trikru already viewed Octavia as the girl whom Dakota had betrayed her clan for. So, if she were to end up being a deceitful liar, then it would look extremely bad on Dakota's part.

Indra stopped a few yards away from Octavia and Nyko. She nodded her head to start the exchange and then allowed both Lincoln and Dakota to slowly walk forward with their hands still restrained. Octavia nodded in return and then whispered a quick apology to Nyko for all that she had done to him, before cautiously allowing him to walk forward as well.