𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

CHAPTER EIGHT | WE'LL ALWAYS HAVE BOURBON STREET

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

CAROLINE, KLARA, AND STEFAN SUSPECTED THAT ELENA WAS IN FACT, SIRED TO DAMON. It was the most logical explanation for everything that had happened and Elena's sudden change in attitude since she turned. Klara had sensed that there was something up with Elena, but she never imagined it would be something so strange. 

Klara's eyes slowly fluttered open as she found herself seated in an armchair in Caroline's living room. She had a blanket across her lap while Stefan began to fold a duvet up. "What? I don't even remember falling asleep."

Stefan lightly chuckled to himself as he piled up the duvet and pillows that Caroline had given them before he sighed loudly. "You fell asleep and I didn't wanna wake you. Caroline and I were up talking about the sire bond so she just suggested we stay here."

"You're welcome." The blonde gave Klara a gleeful smile and handed her a coffee before her face turned into a straight-line. "You gotta admit, though. This is a disaster."

Stefan shrugged. "Look, we don't know anything for sure."

"Of course we do." Klara joined in right after she swallowed a sip of her coffee. "Elena is sired to Damon, Stefan. We've seen how this works when Klaus sired all those Hybrids. Elena's one and only desire is to please Damon."

"No, it's not." Stefan shook his head in immediate disagreement. "A vampire sired to another vampire is one in a million. Maybe it won't affect her the same way."

Caroline scoffed quietly as she rolled her eyes. "We already know it's affecting her. She's become Damon's lapdog." Stefan didn't quite believe it, so Caroline turned to his girlfriend. "Klara, tell him."

"It's true. I hadn't really noticed it before, but it all adds up now. I mean, yesterday she acted totally out of character." Klara ran her fingers through her hair as Stefan listened to her intently. "Every single thing he says, she agrees with and everything he tells her to do, she does. You can't tell us this isn't a possibility."

"We need to do something."

As soon as Stefan watched Caroline pull her phone from her pocket, he stepped forward to stop her. "Wait, no. Hold on. Caroline, this isn't gossip. You can't just drop this on her before we know what's happening for sure."

"No, I need to talk to Tyler, okay? Maybe he'll know what to do." Caroline gave the two a pointed look as they finally nodded in agreement. Speaking to Tyler, a former sired Hybrid might've been their best option.

"Don't tell anyone else, Caroline. I mean it." The blonde vampire got up to her feet and gave Caroline a stern look. "Stefan, you and I need to go talk to Damon."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

As Klara and Stefan strolled up toward the front door of the Salvatore house, it had already opened to reveal none other than Damon and Elena. The two looked rather sheepish before Elena gave Klara a small smile and then headed off out of the house.