I // Lee Felix keeps on winning

So ummm I actually wrote this chapter and half of the second one in late 2020... Can't remember why I never posted it. Welp, here you have the 2022 revamped version of this fic!

(I'll try to update at least once a week but no promises. This won't be very long so let's hope I can actually finish it in an acceptable amount of time.)

I actually contemplated whether or not I wanted to release this on Wattpad... But here you go since this is where I started writing this fic.

---

Felix bites his lip as he stands in front of the door to his home for the next year. There would be nothing to worry about if it was just him living alone in this small apartment. Except life is unfair and capitalism screws people over unequally. So he has a roommate. Living in Seoul is expensive and Felix has just flown in from Australia. A whole other continent. Maybe sharing isn't so bad. He will have someone to help him get used to life in Korea and all. Yeah, it can't be that bad.

From what he has heard, his roommate is a Korean guy about his age that goes to the same school, aaand... That's all he knows. Great. Not a lot to go off of. He doesn't even know if the guy speaks English or if he will have to survive with his, well, less-than-fluent Korean. It's not that he can't speak any Korean. He can, to some extent. His parents were both born in Korea, and he picked up a bit of the language during his childhood. But living in Australia, he couldn't find much use for the language and never really cared for learning it. And now he suffers from it. How ironic.

He takes a deep breath and finally reaches for the door handle, tightening his grip around a backpack strap resting on his shoulder. His mind races through the endless ways he could ruin his roommate's first impression of him. The door clicks open and he takes a step inside.

"Hello?" He calls but the only answer he gets is an echo of his voice. He closes the door behind him and sets his bag down. He walks around the apartment, which doesn't take very long due to the size of it. It seems that his roommate is out which is probably for the best. Felix is exhausted from his almost eleven-hour flight. The tiredness doesn't exactly do favors for his Korean skills.

He unpacks most of his belongings and takes a quick nap. He would probably have completely retired for the day if it wasn't for his growling stomach.

Now, he does feel bad for eating his roommate's food, but he cannot be bothered to go out to buy something for himself. His roommate will understand, right? And he will pay back for it later, he swears. He searches through the cabinets. He settles on some bread because what even are half of the things in this kitchen? While he can read the packages (albeit slowly) he doesn't recognize what many of them are or mean. So it feels safe to decide on bread. You can't go wrong with bread.

He leans against the counter and looks out. The view is beautiful. It's just the right time of the day for the sun to engulf everything in warm orange light. The sky is reflected on countless windows, which is a nice touch of nature in this concrete jungle.

When he finishes eating he notices a note on the counter. He grabs the note and slowly reads through it. He manages to make out two things. One, his roommate won't be home until tomorrow morning. Two, his roommate's name is Han Jisung. Both are good to know, especially his roommate's name. Wow, a small victory for mister Lee Felix over here. Now he can doze off in peace.

-

Felix hugs a pillow as he scrolls through Instagram. It's his first full day in Korea. Although it probably can't be called a 'full' day when he woke up at 1 pm, but still. His roommate still hasn't come back. That of course means the guy could show up any minute now. Felix is not nervous. Not at all.

He hears the front door open. He immediately puts the pillow back in its original position and tries to act normal as he fake scrolls through the home page, not paying attention to what he's scrolling past whatsoever. He hears the sound of clothes being taken off and then footsteps nearing him.