v. beauty to beast

chapter 5 - beauty to beast

➳ ➳

(Two Days Later...)

"Okay, tell me again," Bellamy said while sitting directly before Clarke. The blonde had recently managed to escape from Mount Weather, and when she returned to camp, she brought back a lot of helpful information.

"It's a labyrinth," Clarke replied, pointing to an area on a map of the old military base. "Anya and I got to the dam through this tunnel. It's all connected to the mine system. That's our way in."

Clarke was referring back to the day when she had finally escaped. On that day, she found Anya and other grounders being held prisoners in cages, like they were animals. After they helped each other escape, the two of them made the gruesome discovery that the grounders' blood has continuously been harvested, to use for the residents of Mount Weather.

They also found out that when the bodies of the grounders were completely drained, they would dispose of them down a sliding chute that led to the reaper tunnels, which was actually how Clarke and Anya had escaped.

"Sure," Bellamy looked at her skeptically. "If we can get past the reapers and Mountain Men." He shook his head and sighed. "I swear to god, if your mom doesn't sanction a mission soon, I'm going by myself."

"You wouldn't be by yourself." She stated, giving him an assuring look, to which he nodded lightly at.

Clarke then took notice of Finn and Murphy, who had just walked out of the ark. The duo had just recently come back from their two-day journey of searching for Clarke and the others, without knowing that they were taken by the Mountain Men.

While trying to find their friends, Finn unfortunately made the drastic decision to open fire on a village filled with many innocent grounders. Men, women, and children were all massacred by the hands of the spacewalker, as he searched hastily for the blonde. The reason for his horrific behavior, was because he had made the quick assumption that the grounders had all of the delinquents as hostages, when really, he couldn't have been more wrong. And because of his recklessness, multiple families and innocent bystanders were caught in the crossfire of his delusional and impatient actions.

"I guess the inquisition is over," Bellamy spoke, also taking notice of the two, as the boys made their way over to them. "How's Finn doing anyway?"

"I haven't talked to him since we got back," Clarke admitted, emotionlessly. "I don't know what to say." She continued to stare down at the table, deep in thought. "...He just kept shooting."

"We're at war, Clarke." Bellamy reminded her. "We've all done things."

Before the blonde could respond, the subject of their conversation finally approached them.