𝐓𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER TEN | CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

EVEN THOUGH STEFAN AND KLARA HAD SEPERATE ROOMS, THEY OFTEN STAYED TOGETHER. Klara liked waking up in Stefan's bed but something she liked, even more, was when he walked back into the bedroom from a shower with nothing on apart from a towel wrapped around his waist. Her eyes trailed down his body hungrily as she sat up in his bed. "Good morning to you, too, Stefan."

Stefan smirked as she leaned on the doorframe. "Well, I would've asked you to join me but you're quite a heavy sleeper, aren't you?"

"Don't be rude." Klara pouted playfully as a small laugh echoed from her mouth. "So since everyone's appeared to have split off into their own teams to find this cure, do I need to remind you where we currently stand in the race?"

"Last. Klaus has Jeremy, Shane has Bonnie." The Salvatore puffed out almost irritably as Klara nodded. "But, considering the look on your face and how well I know you, I'm assuming you have a plan?"

"Well, Professor Shane seems to be tangled up in all of this and I heard that he's got the headstone which is one the keys to resurrecting Silas, the guy buried with the cure," Klara spoke in a suggestive tone as Stefan slowly began to understand what she was getting at.

"I see. You want to steal it." He smirked at Klara's plan. The two had gotten quite the reputation for stealing things as of lately. "Well, Klara Adams, you've turned into quite the thief."

The blonde vampire peeled herself from Stefan's bad and wandered over to him. She looped her arms around his neck as she smirked devilishly. "Don't pretend that you don't enjoy it. You always seem to be the one that's committing the crimes with me. Now, I never thought I'd say this but, get dressed—we've got a headstone to steal." 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Stefan and Klara arrived at Professor Shane's office at Whitmore but before they entered, they made sure it was empty inside. The item they needed was Silas' headstone and once that was found, they collectively would have everything they needed to find the cure hidden in Nova Scotia. 

After about ten minutes of frantic searching for a headstone, Stefan exhaled and slammed one of the drawers to the filing cabinet shut. "Well, headstone's not here."

"It'll be here. You're just giving up too easily." Klara gave him a stern glance before her eyes dancing around the room. She was almost certain that Shane would've kept the headstone in his office. "Use that so-called stamina you always talk about."

"There's nothing wrong with my stamina." Stefan retorted with a pointed look whilst he heard Klara chuckle. "You know what I love, we're literally last place in the race for the cure and you're still cracking jokes like it's not a big deal."