𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER ELEVEN | INTO THE WILD

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

JEREMY HAD KILLED KOL MIKAELSON WHICH IN TURN, COMPLETED HIS TATTOO AND THE MAP TO THE CURE. The only person that was able to read the map was Professor Shane which meant he had to join them on the quest to the cure whether they liked it or not. 

They had to endure an eight-hour plane journey, then a boat ride to an island two hundred miles off of Nova Scotia mainland. The island was thought to have been the location of where Silas was buried—with the cure to vampirism. The island was rather foggy, however, Klara couldn't help but find the atmosphere slightly endearing. 

Klara stood with wide eyes as she admired the view while Stefan tided knots with some rope. Rebekah was also with the couple since she happened to be involved with them since they found the headstone. Klara turned her eyes to the Original, who glared at Elena when she walked past. "Rebekah."

"Stefan's perfectly capable of tying a knot." She retorted while her eyes followed the doppelganger as she passed them.

"You're giving Elena the evil eye." Stefan looked up from his current task to observe the Original's behavior. "It's not really helping."

Rebekah took a breath as she glanced between Klara and Stefan. "She killed my brother, tried to get you to put a dagger in my back. She's lucky all she's getting is the evil eye."

Elena continued to walk, but a huff escaped her lips. "You know I can hear you, right?"

"You know I don't care, right?"

Elena stopped in her tracks and then sped straight toward Rebekah in an attempt to stake her with the White Oak. Instead, Klara grabbed hold of Elena before she made contact with Rebekah, and pushed her to the ground. "Stop it! We're all here for the same thing today. So whatever grudge you and Rebekah have against each other: table it." The blonde vampire warned as soon as Rebekah and Elena walked off in opposite directions.

"Come on. We've got to get going." Professor Shane bellowed to the entire group before he led them all up and through the forest. The endless stamina was something that Klara enjoyed about vampirism, even more so when you had to endure hours out hiking. Eventually, Professor Shane pulled out his phone. "Satellite phone lost its signal."

"That's a good sign." Damon sarcastically quipped, but the Professor chose not to respond to him.

"Is anyone else a little creeped out?" Elena asked the group in the hopes that maybe someone else would be able to relate to the uncomfortable feeling she felt.

"So, then leave," Rebekah spoke as she walked a little in front of Klara, who walked with her hand intertwined with Stefan's. "Out of everyone, your presence is the least necessary."