Chapter 1: Rain

~Akaashi's POV~

I sighed as I walked down the streets to Fukurodani Academy, the highschool I'd decided on. I wasn't too excited to go there. It was an impulse decision if I had to be honest.

 My two main choices had been Fukurodani or Suzumeoka mostly for their volleyball clubs. I'd played volleyball in Mori Junior High as a setter but my teammates were barely passionate about playing and so we never went far in volleyball.

(A/N: WHAT IS THIS CRAP??THAT IM WRITING??)

But then I'd seen him play one day. Bokuto Koutarou, I suppose his name was? A former first year at Fukurodani with a passion for the game like no other. Watching his form, as he jumped fiercely, his powerful arm swung back only to be swung forward again with so much force that the ball slammed hard against the floor, leaving everyone in awe. And the playful energetic gleam in his eyes as he wore a wide triumphant grin on his face and pumped his fists in the air. That was the moment I'd made the choice to enroll into Fukurodani.

While I was thinking about this I'd already reached the main gate. I took a deep breath and walked in.

First few hours were really boring. Except during recess, when a second year was rumoured to have jumped into a pond behind the school because he wanted to prove a classmate that he could be 'friends with the ducks' and everyone had gathered there. That was pretty funny except I didn't get to see who it was. 

It had started raining sometime after recess, just when I was going to visit the volleyball gym. 

I fished for my umbrella inside my bag. "Ah fuck!" I muttered under my breath. I'd forgotten to put it in the bag while leaving in a hurry. Well nevermind, I'd just run to the gym.

And so I ran in the pouring rain, my bag on my head to prevent my hair from getting wet. Just as I ran near the entrance of the building, an elbow bumped into my shoulder. "Ouch" I said softly under my breath and the person turned around quicky to look at me. 

"Oh I'm so sorry! I was just, you know, folding my umbrella. I didn't know you were there!" The person said. I looked up at him. A tall, beefy dude, messy wet hair with platinum blonde streaks which lay gently on his forehead and his large golden-green eyes which met with my gunmetal blue ones.

Bokuto Koutarou.

"Oh um, it's alright. I didn't get hurt so.."

"That's a relief!" He said sighing. 

He eyed me for a second with a playful gleam and energetically said, "Ah! Are you here for the volleyball tryouts? You a first year? You're pretty tall! I bet you're only like a few centimetres shorter than me!  My name's Bokuto by the way and I'm the ACE of this team!' He grinned. I was surprised by his passionate questions and the direct excited introduction. It made me smile even without realizing after until a second later.

 It made me smile even without realizing after until a second later

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

(Art by @kkumri on Instagram. They're amazing!!)

He looked at me expectingly. Oh he's waiting for me to introduce myself! I thought.

'My name's Akaashi. Akaashi Keiji." 

"AKAAAGHSHI!!" He said loudly while grinning at me and clapped me firmly on my back. Little droplets of water from his unruly hair sprinkled on my face.

"Excuse me, Bokuto-san. You had an umbrella. So why is your hair so wet?" I asked without really giving it much thought. Bokuto blinked at me and I thought 'Well, shit, what a weird thing to say when we've only just met.' But Bokuto's face was flustered and he averted his eyes while awkwardly scratching his neck.

(A/N: Bokuto's hair isn't reeally wet. So even if it's not completely dry, it's still somewhat soft and fluffy.)

"Erm well, you see Akashi-"

"It's Akaashi."

"Yes Akaaghashi, I had a little argument with a classmate who said that the ducks would never want to be friends with me. How rude, right!? So I, uh, I jumped into the pond to prove him wrong but the ducks swam away from me in fear.." His expression saddened a bit, "But anyway, I got soaking wet! I changed into dry clothes but my hair is still wet. See? Feel it" He suddenly reached for my wrist and guided it to his head. It was soft. And fluffy. And I wondered how much more soft and fluffy it would be when it's dry. "Usually I style it in a really cool owl hairstyle but right now it looks lame, doesn't it? Haha.." 

Lame? That isn't true at all! I wanted to tell him. Instead I just brought the back of my wrist in front of my mouth and laughed politely. The scent of his shampoo still lingered on my wrist. It was pleasant. I didn't want it to go away for some weird reason.

He didn't get my name right. And he was so naive and playful, just like a little kid. Even though his large beefy arms and his large body said otherwise. 

"HEEY BOKUTO-SAN!! HOW LONG ARE YOU GONNA STAY OUTSIDE!?" A guy with black hair called out from the gym window. 

"I'm coming I'm coming!! I just met a first year who wants to join!" Bokuto-san cupped his hands to his mouth and shouted to him while bouncing up and down excitedly.

"C'mon Akaashi!! Let's go inside!" He looked at me, beckoning. And so he ran through the entrance and I walked behind him. He surely was a super energetic dude.

.

.

___________________

~Alright that's it for chapter 1. This is my first time writing fanfiction so please excuse my poor writing. I'll do better in the next chapters!