13.

˗ˏˋ "i cant tell who was the one who went through more, him or aurora

˗ˏˋ "i cant tell who was the one who went through more, him or aurora." 'ˎ˗

aurora was going through surgery to get the bullet out of her stomach. the doctors were positive that she would make it, but that's if they could take it out without having her lose more blood.

she was given some anesthesia that'll make sure she stays unconscious during surgery, but it's known to cause some crazy dreams.

aurora was in a field of flowers, and there was a small hill on the top where a tree stood.

she saw a woman sitting at the bottom of the tree, where there was shade provided. she walked over and once she sat down in front of the woman, aurora looked down and noticed that she had a flowy green dress with flowers on it.

she also noticed there was a basket beside her, just couldn't figure out what laid on it.

aurora now recognizes the woman as carolyn, she was wearing a white dress and she had a book open in her hands.

"ma..." she breathes, her mom looks up from her book.

"oh aurora, you're here." carolyn smiles as she hugged her daughter.

aurora eyes started to water as she hugged back, "why— you're here?"

"yes hun," her mom smiled.

aurora started to cry, "i miss you so much ma."

she nods with a sympathetic smile, and caresses her daughters cheek and wipes the tears running down her face. "i know baby, i missed you more."

"it's so beautiful," aurora admired the many flowers around them, and the sky that had fluffy clouds scattered all over. she also noticed it was sparkly.

carolyn smiles, "right. it's so peaceful."

"can i just stay here forever.." aurora asked as she looks over at her mom.

she was asking, half of her loving that idea. the other half remembering she promised spencer she would be there and she wasn't going anywhere.

she chuckles, "as much as i would love for you to stay with me, i cant be selfish. your dad needs you now more than ever. and that kid.. what's his name? you told me about him."

aurora smiles, "spencer. spencer reid."

"yes him," she sighs, "he's an amazing kid. and he makes you really happy, and you make him very happy. hold on to that and don't let go."

"but ma.." she looks down and her eyes started to water, "i need you."

her mom lifts her chin gently, and locks eyes with her.

"i know honey, i'm always here. it's just not your time right now."

aurora nods, when her mother quickly gets up. "sweetheart, meet james."