The start of it all

Hello. My name is Enor. This is my story on how my life summersaulted down a staircase and then limply crawled back up. Its a rough story and honestly if I wasn't the way I was, I would've probably been brutally scarred and would have hung myself and need therapy, but luckily I'm messed up as fuck already so I didn't have to worry about that. 

Me and my brother Jino lived together with my dad but he was normally out working for days on end so it was normally just us. We were both pretty surprised when we each got a letter in the mail that looked to have came from the same person. The weirder part the that neither of them had a return address so that means that the mail man didn't drop it off and someone had to have left it there. I was tempted to open the letter but Jino insisted that we shouldn't. Jino decided to throw his letter away and I burned mine cause I like fire and it was an excuse to see some. About a day later we got two letters again that looked just like the last ones. We decided to open it. 

"Dear our special contestie,

          You have received this letter to be informed that you will be automatically signed up for our special uhh.... bootcamp. yea. We will be showing up at your house within the next hour so you can come with us and we will take you to the camp. There is no option to reject this letter and you will forced to come whether you'd truly like to or not.

                                                                                                                         Sincerely, TK :)".

"...This has to be fake. Its- Its gotta be a scam or something. Some dumb prank a kid decided to pull on us!" Jino commented. With the tone of his voice it almost seemed like he doubted what he was saying himself.

"They have such an odd way of writing as well" I added.

"That's really what you're worried about?" Jino whipped around to face me, "We got a weird ass letter in the fucking mail addressed to both of us and these people know our full names and said they're gonna show up in an hour and that's what you're worried about? The fucking way they write???? You're so fucking unbelievably stupid"

I'd be a liar if I said that that didn't sting at all. It happens a lot but it still hurts. "Well its not like they're gonna actually show up! It said that they were gonna show up within an hour and its been hours since they put the letters in the mailbox! Its not like they can see when we read it or some shit"

Jino tossed the letter onto the kitchen table and left to sit in his room and do whatever he does in there.  I decided to sit on the couch and play some games to take my mind off of what just happened. Part of me knew it couldn't be real but the other part of me couldn't help but to feel some doubt and fear of it being true. No matter how hard I tried it was a struggle to keep my mind off of the letter. Plus its not like i can tell any of my friends about this. They'll call bs and say that I'm lying cause nothing like that could happen in real life.

Some time had passed since we received the letters. It was nearing an hour since we got the mail so we assumed that it was just gonna be fake. 9 more minutes and I want have to worry about anything ever more. This became more and more nerve-wracking the longer and longer it went on and I couldn't tell if Jino felt the same or if he just passed it up like it was nothing by now.

knock knock

wait what

knock knock knock 

it must've just been my mom or something, she comes over occasionally. 

Jino quickly came out of his room and looked at me with his eyes opened wide.

"Was that knocking?" He whispered so quietly I mind as well have read his lips. 

I nodded and walked over to open the door as Jino creeped up behind me. As I got about 10 feet away from the door I heard the doorknob jingle and the door opened. I prayed it was just our dad who forgot he had the keys on him and knocked. I shot a quick glance at Gino and he seemed just as confused as I was. 

"Peaka-boooooo~" an unfamiliar voice spoke

Jino rushed infront of me and whispered at me "Was the door locked?"

I aggressively nodded in conformation.

Jino's eyes were opened wide and he was fully tense. He was ready to knock someone's teeth out with all the adrenaline running through him. I felt like I was about to piss myself on the other had. I was breathing fast and my heart was racing. I felt like I might pass out. 

A man carefully crept forward from the door. He had a wild toothy grin. His facial expression said madman but his body language said relaxed. He had short spiky brown hair with light stubble. His eyes were a piercing green. He had A loose white T-shirt and long baggy white pants like he just walked out of an insane asylum. .........He wasn't wearing any shoes. He just had plain white socks. 

"Heeeeeyyyyyyyy" He cooed. "I'm here to uhh..... pick you up for theeeeeeee...." He trailed off and squinted at the back of his hand. "Bootcamp?"

"Who the fuck are you and what are you doing here?" Jino demanded.

"Didn't you get the letters?"

"yea we got the letters but we didn't sign up for shit. and how do you know our address?"

"Look, I just slap random shit into goggle maps okay? You guys were my lucky winners so I did some research, found out when you're parents were gone, found out who I wanted, and now we go. If its an condolences, I'm not gonna kill you. I'm just gonna drag you against your will ok?"

"Are you fucking high or something? Get the hell out! now." Jino shouted at him

I was too speechless to say anything. Hell, I couldn't even move. The man just looked Jino up and down and walked off into our dad's room while me and Jino followed. He stroked his chin and then opened the closet. He pulled out a shotgun and looked around it. 

"Soooooo........ I hope this isn't bad timing?" He looked at us and his grin widened. 

Jino looked like he wanted to scream but he was afraid about being shot. We were beyond scared and we didn't have a choice. We had to come with.

"Woderfullll" The man spoke, as if he had read our minds.

"Who are you?" Jino asked again, his voice was more shakier than before when it boomed.

"hmmmmm...." He frowned and got a more thoughtful look. "You can call me TK for now. Like in the letterss. "

It was pure silence as none of us knew what to really say. The air was thick and tense and filled with fear and mixed emotions. 

"Anywayss, I hope you don't mind my carr. Its a littlee ifffyy." He gestured us to go forwards and outside with the gun.

We complied. Once we got outside we saw a red pickup truck. It was coated in scratches and dents like it was in a derby.

"I was going to have you two sit in the trunk butttt you would jump out and that would be annooyyingggg. So get in the backseats and dont do anything bad or I'll have to break your wrists and then you canttt do anything." He gave a slight smile like it was a joke, but there was still a threat in it.

Me and Jino looked at each other and we glanced at the house. This was probably going to be the last time we were ever going to see it. We both got into the back of the truck and I buckled in. Jino refused to buckle in no matter how much I tried to get him to.

"Say bye-bye houusieeeeee. You wont see him for welll..........ever really" The man laughed till his eyes watered up. 

"ssooooooooooooooo.." The stranger spoke up as he started driving, "Whats your opinion on killing??.."