Chapter 1 - Trust

"I know this will generate some debate, but I suggest that Padawan Linora Kraken be promoted to the rank ofJedi Knight,"

The Jedi Council was gathered in their oval chairs of the meeting room at the Jedi Temple of Coruscant. Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi speaking his turn of debate with the rest of the council. He looked on to the familiar faces he'd come to know over the years. Companions, friends, fellow Jedi Knights.

His lightsaber clanking against his side quietly as he crossed his legs. Folding his hands together, his gaze steered towards Masters Yoda and Mace Windu, nodding towards them as he silently pleaded their approval. "I believe she's ready,"

"I think not!" A council member interjected, brushing his long white beard with his fingers. "After the accident on Agamar, I'm uncertain she's ready for that responsibility. She needs more time,"

"Master Ki-Adi-Mundi, I understand your concern, but it's been 2 years now since then," Kenobi explained. "Linora has shown great improvements since the attack. She made a difficult decision, requested by her Master and Teacher,"

"I've read the reports. Kenobi, can you confirm that it was Kraken's doing in demolishing a Seperatist droid factory?" Mace Windu looked over to the ginger haired Jedi.

"Indeed," He nodded his head.

"That proves my point! The girl acts with such recklessness that it costs us precious lives of our fellow Jedi and Clone Troopers," Mundi spoke.

"If she hadn't followed his orders, our entire army of Clone soldiers and local planet warriors would have been wiped out clean with the new tank droids the Separatists were building in there," Shaak Ti quickly pointed out. "She, a child then, was tasked with choosing to sacrifice a quarter of our forces or all life on that planet,"

"She was finishing what her Master had started," Kenobi stated. "Reckless or not, Linora has gone through much and as of recently has proven herself in the trails,"

"But there was still one trial she had failed to complete," Agen Kolar added. "The Trial of The Spirit,"

"Once again my point exactly!" Mundi stood up to his feet frustratingly. "To walk the path of the Jedi, one must require discipline. For her to hesitate in moments like that can be catastrophic,"

"I understand your concern, Master Mundi, but I have noticed the improvements Master Kenobi refers to," Eth Koth reminisced as he reached out to calmly grasp the man's arm. "Especially so when helping Master Kenobi and Skywalker deal with the Seperatist Assassin on Concord Dawn,"

Mace Windu hummed at the memory before looking over to the small green gremlin like creature that sat cross legged at his chair, holding a wooden cane. "What say you, Master Yoda?"

Muttering a growl under his breath, he opened his eyes to glance over at the two standing Jedi. "Did you not disobey me from time to time, Master Mundi, in your youth?"

The old Jedi Master grew silent as he glanced to the floor, his cheeks a small shade of pink from the accusation.

"Master Kenobi," Yoda motioned for the Jedi to take his seat before speaking. "Understand your plea, I do. You took young Kraken under your wing after the death of Master Jena Thraezsh, I know. Helped her further her Jedi training, you did, as you had done with Skywalker,"

He looked over the circular crowd and sighed, shaking his small head.

"Desperate times, these are. Numbers are falling, and we must act quickly to ensure victory against the Separatists. We need all the Knights we can. Trust in the force,"

*******

She paced nervously from one end of the hall to the other. Standing around wasn't doing her any good, much less sitting. Linora got tired of hearing the concessive tapping of her heel.