vii. heda's wrath

chapter 7 - heda's wrath

➳ ➳

"Clarke, where have you been?" Abby questioned her daughter as soon as she and Finn had returned to camp. "We're leaving!"

"I know how to stop the attack!" The blonde wasted no time informing them, causing Jaha to instantly look at her in bewilderment.

"What are you talking about?" He asked.

"We haven't been able to negotiate with the Grounders because we haven't had anything to offer them," Clarke continued. "The biggest threat that they face, is from the Reapers. And I think we may be able to eliminate that threat for them once and for all."

The small group of four paused for a moment in thought, before Abby eventually spoke up once more. "How?"

"Abby," Jaha spoke sternly. "You can't seriously be considering this."

But before the doctor could even respond to the former Chancellor, shouting was suddenly heard nearby.

"Look, over there!" One of the residents of the Ark called out, getting the whole camp's attention.

They all quieted down and looked out into the distance, but only to be met with the view of—what seemed to be—a few hundred different torches emerging and surrounding the camp.

The burning orange flames that multiplied every second lit up the field almost like stars in the night sky. It was too dark to see whoever was carrying all of the floating lights, however given the circumstances, everyone already knew who they were.

"They're here." Jaha warily spoke, referring to the Grounders. His tone was just above a whisper, as he voiced everyone's nerve-wracking thoughts.

_____

Clarke, Finn, Abby, and Jaha all made their way into the Ark to discuss the current situation.

"They're not attacking yet, which means we still have time." The blonde stated, boldly.

"We have two hours till' dawn," Abby sighed. "The Commander's orders were for us to already be gone by then."

"Let me talk to the Commander," Clarke said with conviction. "She was Anya's second. Maybe she'll listen."

"We don't even know if the Commander is here," Jaha replied, clearly frustrated.

"Yes we do," Finn cut in. "Nyko told us." Jaha looked over at him, skeptically, but the boy's gaze never wavered. "You have to at least let her try." He added.