Chapter 1

*Zuko*

I grumble, standing on the deck of my ship. We're close to the South Pole. I've been searching for three years to find the Avatar.

Uncle is sitting at a table with his tea, playing his game.

I look up at the sky. The clouds get darker. Uncle gets up. "Zuko, we should go inside."

I growl "I have to keep looking."

He moves closer, holding a cup of tea. "Why don't we go in and have some calming jasmine tea? It's very dangerous to be on deck during a storm."

"I don't need your tea. I'll be fine."

He tries convincing me to go inside while the wind gets worse, but I stay out. He goes inside, but I can tell he's watching through a window.

I grip onto the railing tightly as the storm worsens.

Maybe I should have gone in..

A massive blast of wind and rain knocks me off the deck. I then feel the air push me back up onto the deck. I grip the railing and make my way inside.

The wind was strong enough to knock me over, so it threw me back up, right?

I get inside and close the door, leaning on the wall.

Uncle helps me walk to my quarters, then hands me a towel to dry off better.

He leaves. I sit down on my bed and start drying off.

The ship is rocking from the waves. There's a slight draft in here.

I look at my flag on the wall. It's moving.

I sigh. It must be from the ship rocking.

I go to continue drying, when I realize that I'm already dry. I toss the towel away, changing into my sleep wear.

I lay down on my bed and stare at the ceiling. I really hope this search will come to an end soon.

I pull my blanket over myself and fall asleep.

I'm standing at the entrance of a dark cave. I walk inside, expecting it to stop at some point. I hear people.

I hide behind a rock and peek over the edge. Airbenders.

It's a small group of them.

They're practicing their bending. There's a huge bison with a saddle eating some cabbages.

None of them can be the avatar. He was killed a hundred years ago, which is why I'm looking for an old waterbender, or an earthbender.

Suddenly, they all look at me.

I take a step back.

The oldest smiles "Come, sit by the fire."

I hesitate, but sit down. The kids giggle and airbend a ball between them.