Chapter One: birthday wishes

"Wake up, it's 2 pm

"Wake up, it's 2 pm." Clarke Griffin shook her roommate awake, only for her to remain peacefully sleeping. "Octavia!"

The blonde began getting annoyed, furrowing her brows.

"Octavia, I will rip out your highlights if you don't wake up." She bravely threatened.

"I'd like to see you try." Octavia replied, still keeping her eyes shut.

Clarke scoffed and left the room to go get her other roommate, Raven: the only person brave enough to actually rip Octavia's highlights out.

"Raven, Octavia won't get up!" Clarke called down to the brunette from the top of the stairs.

Raven looked up from the TV and sighed, getting up from the couch. She grabbed her favorite blue drill from the counter and headed upstairs to Octavia's room.

She could barley get to Octavia's bedside. Her room was a mess! Boxing gloves and dumbells lay scattered on the floor. She nearly slipped on a tube of eyeliner.

Once Raven was close enough, she pressed her finger on the trigger of the drill, sending echoing 'whirring' noising throughout the room.

"Wake the fuck up!" She screamed.

When Octavia's green eyes opened, the drill was turned off.

"It's Saturday." She groaned, covering her ears.

"It's Jasper's birthday." Clarke ripped the sheets off of her body. "Get ready. We have a party to go to."

With the unfortunate reminder that she did have plans today, she did as told. She threw on a black tank top and ripped jeans, sliding on knee-high boots. She quickly spread gray eyeshadow on her lids and added mascara to her eyelashes. Octavia sent a brush through her hair and met Raven and Clarke outside, waiting in the car.

She joined them and Raven sped off onto the road, nearly hitting the curb on her way out.

"What did we get Jasper?" Octavia asked. Clarke stated she would get him a birthday present that was from the three of them since they were all broke.

"Goggles," Clarke answered, holding up a blue bag filled with black and white tissue paper.

"Goggles?" Raven furrowed her brows.

"Yeah. He majors in biochemistry so I got him some nice goggles."

"Whatever. As long as he likes them." Octavia pulled earbuds out of her pocket and connected them to her phone.

She turned on "Talking To The Moon" by Bruno Mars, a song she and Lincoln dance to all the time.

Raven pulled into the parking lot of the apartment complex that Monty and Jasper resided in and the girls got out, adjusting their shorts and snapping their gum.

"They better have fixed the elevator by now. I'm tired of walking twelve flights of stairs just to babysit them." Clarke complained.

"Maybe you shouldn't skip leg day." Octavia teased, skipping past the two of them and opening the door. She held it as they walked into the lobby.

Clarke rushed to the elevators, only to find a big 'Out Of Order' sign.

"Dammit!" The blonde loudly groaned, receiving laughs from the other two girls.

They began their journey up twelve flights of stairs. Once it was finished, Clarke and Raven were out of breath. Octavia, on the other hand, had no problem. Working out with Lincoln pays off.

Raven, annoyed, sweaty, and impatient, knocked on the door. Monty opened it, greeting them with a wide smile.

"Good afternoon, ladies!" He was clearly already tipsy.

"Did you start drinking without us, Monty?" Octavia smirked before pulling him into a messy hug.

"Of course." Monty chuckled before releasing her and leading the girls inside. "You guys are late, by the way."

"Somebody wanted to sleep in." Clarke set the gift bag on the counter. "Where's Jasper?"

Monty looked around, searching for Jasper. He sighed, going over to the counter and grabbing a glass cup and fork. He banged the two together, causing everyone to shut up and turn their attention to him.

"This is the third damn time today!" Monty announced. "Where is Jasper?"

"He's in the bathroom, I think," Finn replied.

Finn. Both Clarke and Raven want to team up and kick his ass. Finn and Raven were highschool sweethearts. Raven introduced him to Clarke, her new friend, and poor little Clarke had no idea they were dating when she and Finn hooked up one night. Luckily, Raven didn't beat her up, but she did smack the spit out of him.

"I'm literally right here!" Jasper exclaimed, stepping out of the bedroom. "I had to change my shirt!"

"Happy birthday, Jasper!" Octavia practically sprinted to him, embracing him tightly and nearly knocking him to the ground. Jasper and Octavia had been friends for many years, meeting each other in fifth grade. They loved to annoy Bellamy together and color horrible drawings. Jasper had a crush on her, but not anymore. Now, he dated Maya and she dated Lincoln. Their little fling was long gone.

She finally let him go, and he let out a sigh of relief.

"How's it feel to be twenty?" She ruffled his hair, and he squeezed his eyes shut.

"Only one more year till I can legally drink!" He happily stated.

The party was nothing less than they expected. Drugs, alcohol, and cake. The usual Jasper and Monty parties.

Octavia took another shot of Monty's specially made moonshine and looked at the clock. Midnight. Mostly every guest was gone except for Bellamy, Clarke, Raven, Maya, and herself.

"Maya." Jasper was extremely drunk, wearing no shirt and Monty's banana underwear that somehow ended up on his head.

Maya grabbed his wrists to prevent him from falling over and sent a worried glance towards Clarke.

"Maya, I love you, okay?" He mumbled.

"I know, Jasper." She nodded.

"Okay. Just making sure."

Bellamy watched the disgusting romance going on between them and turned to Clarke. She was so pretty, even if he was drunk and tired. Her make-up was smeared down her face, and her hair was frizzy and untamed yet she effortlessly made Bellamy's world stop.

"What?" Clarke noticed his staring and he smirked and shrugged.

Bellamy wasn't sure if it was the alcohol or the fact that he'd been wanting to do this ever since he laid eyes on Clarke, but he leaned in. His lips grazed across her soft ones before he connected them gently. Clarke was shocked but satisfied none the less. She kissed back, closing her eyes and melting into Bellamy's arms.

Raven slapped Octavia's shoulder, nearly squealing. She pointed at Bellamy and Clarke, smiling like crazy. The girls exchanged 'Aw's before the kiss was ruined.

"No fucking in my house unless you pay the bills!" Jasper startled them enough to pull away from each other.

Clarke smoothed out her shirt that Bellamy was tightly grasping and walked over to her roommates.

"Call an Uber. We should get going." She shyly tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Want to bring Bellamy?" Raven suggested before she and Octavia giggled.

Clarke looked back, her blue eyes meeting with Bellamy's dark ones. She blushed and faced them again, "Shut the hell up."