𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER THIRTEEN | STAND BY ME

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

JEREMY GILBERT WAS DEAD. Katherine Pierce had been trailing them the moment they left Mystic Falls, and forced Silas to feed on the Gilbert boy until there was absolutely no blood left in his body. Once Stefan found Elena and Klara unconscious in the tunnels, news of Jeremy's death and the missing Bennett witch had traveled fast. 

Damon suggested that Stefan get everyone off of the island while he and Klara hung back to search for Bonnie, who went missing shortly after Jeremy was killed. The vampires headed back toward the camp but leaves soon started the rustle around them. 

"Unless you're a blonde, a Bennett witch, or a doppelganger, I suggest you steer clear." Damon's vampire face was prominent as he glanced at Klara who stood beside him with a skeptical look.

Klara stepped closer to the wooden shed that was in the short distance from them. Since the moment they arrived in the clearing, the wooden shed had given her the creeps. The door creaked open slowly as Rebekah appeared out of nowhere.

"Where is it?" She demanded in a harsh tone. She glanced between Damon and Klara, who both jumped at her immediate presence. "The cure? I know someone has it."

"Someone does." Klara nodded in confirmation as she rolled her eyes. "That someone would be Katherine."

Rebekah furrowed her brows in confusion. "Katherine? The doppelganger?"

"Yeah. Sneaky, little bitch must've been spying on us for weeks. She killed Jeremy, or somebody did." Damon glanced at Rebekah who seemed to have a sympathetic look of sadness on her face. "He killed your brother. Let's not with the fake sad face."

"I didn't say I was going to miss him. But, I'm not heartless. He was Elena's only family."

"Okay, look, since you're not heartless you can help us find Bonnie." Klara gave Rebekah a quick smile as she and Damon started in the other direction.

"We need to find Katherine." The Original vampire pressed.

"If there's one thing that's a guarantee in this miserable, little world, it's that Katherine Pierce is gone." Damon snapped as he twirled around to look at Rebekah again. "We need to find Bonnie. Oh, and beware of the immortal Silas. If he was asleep in that cave, he's awake now."

Rebekah hesitated for a moment as she watched Damon and Klara walk off into the distance. "Okay!" She ran after the two vampires and walked beside them. "I'll help you, okay?"

"Aw." The blonde vampire scoffed at Rebekah's obvious anxiety about the fact that Silas was running around. "Is the Original vampire afraid of the big, scary immortal?"

"No. I just realized that maybe it's better that we stay together. You know, if he is awake." Rebekah snapped immediately. She soon realized that her sudden tone was all the confirmation Klara needed. "Do you think Bonnie's dead?"