Stargate

My dear little broccolis💚💚💚

💚 So I stumbled upon a YouTube video about this little show I used to love as a kid. Little, pffff it was huge. Ten seasons, two spinoffs series, and TEAL'C! OMG, I was so in love with Teal'c. So this is just a little something, quite cute that sets place in that universe. You don't need to know about Stargate to understand the story, you will just see the easter eggs if you do.

💚 Stargate 💚

One-Shot: (2,3K)

Dr Jace Wayland walked through the liquidy blue of the Stargate, following his team members from SG1 to yet another planet. They were still in desperate search of acquiring new technology that would help them defend Earth against the Goa'ulds, so they could avoid being used as slaves, or taken as hosts by those parasitic aliens.

This new planet didn't show any interesting results when they sent the probe to make sure there were no enemies there, but Major Isabelle Lightwood had spotted plants on the video feedbacks that resembled the same plants that the Tok'Ra used in their development of poison against the Goa'ulds. The Tok'Ra were another race of aliens, physiologically rather similar to their common enemy, but who actually had a sense of moral and who wanted to live in harmony with humans.

So this was supposed to be a simple mission. Go to the planet, pick up some plants, explore a bit to see if there was any civilisation anywhere insight, and get back to the base the next day. But from the start, Jace knew it would go as planned.

As they got through the gate into that new planet, they had the surprise to see a redheaded girl looking at them, her green eyes wide open. The four members of the SG1 team looked at the girl, dressed with a sheer green dress that seemed made of an illusional fabric. It seemed that every time the wind blew on her dress, a different shade of green appeared.

She raised her arm and closed her fist, exactly the same way military personnel did to stop people from going further, and she just stood there, staring at them.

"Jace? Wanna say something here?" Valentine asked, his weapon drawn and pointed at the girl.

Jace took a step toward the girl, and she rose an eyebrow at him, her face impassible. So he presented himself, "Hello. I am Jace Wayland. We are explorers from Earth."

She carefully studied him, and he tried again, hoping that she understood English. Most people from other planet did, but some planets spoke completely different languages. As he was trying to find another language to try to make contact, the girl turned on her heels and disappeared in the forest.

Jace stood mesmerised for a second until Valentine voiced what had just happened, "Did she just ... vanish in those trees?"

"No. That's impossible sir. What probably just happened is a clever optical illusion," Izzy intervened and Valentine and Jace glanced at each other, not so convinced.

Izzy was smart, probably smarter than the two of them combined, but she was always hard on the facts. Which Jace found sometimes odd, given the fact that they were travelling through an alien device that created wormholes between planets that were lightyears away from each other.

Of course, if he asked her, Izzy would gladly explain how this was mathematically possible, but Jace liked the idea that some things were just not meant to be explained.

"Alright, Lightwood, gather your little garden with Jace whilst Meliorn and I do a sweep of the perimeter."

Jace stayed with Izzy, as she examined the plants and edited the possibly that this plant came from this world. After all, the Tok-Ra were struggling to create more poison because they could not find that plant anywhere, and it was here in abundance. She mentioned the idea of colonising the planet so they could have unlimited access to the plant and its virtues.