16.

˗ˏˋ "wait til my chocolate thunder gets a load of this!" 'ˎ˗

"so.." penelope cooed, "howd yesterday go with boy wonder?"

aurora chuckles, then smiles to herself, recalling what happened.

"oh. my. god. spill! something definitely happened but you're not saying!!" she squealed.

penelope had came over to aurora's apartment to hang out a bit since it was her off day, and what wasn't going to help was that spencer would be coming any minute. aurora can already hear her best friend bombarding the two with too many questions.

"i- uh.." aurora muttered before the door opened, to where spencer reid appears conveniently.

he smiles nervously, noticing penelope. "hey, garcia."

"don't hey garcia me, she's hiding something. the both of you are. i need to know!" she said as she glared at the two of them.

spencer comes and sits down beside aurora.

aurora sighs, "okay penny. as much as i want to hate you for the stunt you pulled yesterday.."

penelopes eyes widen and so does her mouth, "no way. are you guys dating now?!"

spencer smiles, "yes, we are."

to which penelope squeals with excitement, "shut up. wait til my chocolate thunder gets a load of this!"

and not too long after penelope not being to her over the fact that the two are now a couple, she left.

leaving aurora and spencer there, the two deciding to watch star trek.

"i still can't believe you've never seen star trek before.." spencer sighed.

there aurora laid with her head on his lap, with a blanket over her. spencer started to play with her hair, which he found to be his new favorite thing to do.

"well, i guess i am now because i have you to teach me your nerdy ways."

spencer smiles, "oh, shut up. it's not nerdy, it's a classic sci-fi series."

"yeah buuuut i'm not into these shows. we have different taste, dr reid."

he lightly slaps her cheek, with a small laugh, "don't call me that."

"wha- why not?" aurora asked as she turned so she's facing up towards him and not the tv anymore.

"because, people who i work with call me that.."

"okay," she rolled her eyes playfully, "what do you want me to call you?"

he contemplates for a second, "hmm.. are we going to have pet names for each other because that's..."

"no. no pet names." aurora chuckles, somewhat serious.

his eyes widen, "okay okay... hm. i don't know then."

"what about..." she thought, "bub. aw that's cute. and it's also better than bAbE."

he chuckled, "sure is, and does it have a meaning or something, because the definition that's coming to mind is an aggressive or rude way of addressing a boy or man...?"

"oh no, not that. it's just a cute nickname." she smiles cheerily.

"okay well," he leans down to give her a peck on the nose. "i like it."

before aurora could say anything, she hears her phone buzzing. she looks over to check and she sees her dad is calling.

"hey pa." she sighed as she laid her news back down on spencer's lap.

"sweetheart, hi. so penelope told me the news.."

aurora's eyes widened, of course she was going to tell david. but when it came the time, but penelope was on ig.

"oh.." she chuckles nervously, "yeah, we're dating now."

"you know, as a father i should be overprotective, but i honestly know reid isn't going to hurt you in any way. so that's a relief. the kid really cares about you." david said, aurora smiles.

"thanks dad.."

"also, im going to want to have dinner with the both of you. my mansion, today, seven pm."

"oh.. okay." aurora looks up to spencer with a smile, "we'll be there, see you later."

david rossi's mansion
third person pov
6:58pm

aurora and spencer arrived, and her father had made rigatoni. which also happens to be her favorite.

they sat down at the dinner table, eating and occasionally initiating small talk.

when they were done eating, the three sat in the living room, taking about random topics.

"you know, not to get too sappy or anything, but spencer.." david looks over to him, slightly wine drunk. "i wouldn't want anybody else to be with my little girl."

spencer smiles, "i appreciate that rossi."

"you're extraordinary kid, and i'm glad you two found one another, truly." he says as he took a sip of his wine.

aurora and spencer look at one another smiling, she responds with a chuckle, "pa, we aren't getting married.. we've barely dated for a week."

"i know i know.." he sighed, "but i know you two are going to last. you just balance each other out. and i can see you guys getting married. spencer, if you like it then you should put a ring on it am i right?"

david continued, "hell what do i know, ive been married one too many times."

aurora chuckles, "okay pa. well we had an amazing time, but we're gonna get going."

"so soon?" he asked, aurora could almost hear her moms voice saying that, taking her back to the dream she had.

she gives a weak smile, "yeah.. i'll see you soon. bye i love you. and thank you."

they said their goodbyes, and in the car spencer notices something bothering aurora. so, he asks what was wrong, and she just responded with a smile and said nothing was wrong.

some part of spencer wanted to know so he could help, or at least try to make her feel better. so he just took a guess.

"is it the whole marriage thing your dad mentioned? because if that made you uncomfortable..." he began but she cut him off.

"no no no.. i just.." she sighs looking at the rings on her fingers. "i don't know, just tired."

spencer glances over quickly as he drove, seeing that she did look tired. but he could tell it was something more than that. but he didn't want to push her to say anything.

he puts one hand on the wheel, and the other he places on top of her hand, intertwining their fingers.

"i'm always here for you rory, okay?" he reassured, aurora smiles a bit.

"i know spence, thank you."

aurora didn't know when she would want to tell him about the dream she had when she was under the anesthesia. it was a lot for her to handle, and it was always on her mind now.

a/n
THANK YOU FOR 4K READS
ILY ILY ILYYY 🥺🥺
im sorry this chapter sucks
but hope you enjoyed
:)