#1- I was too late: Hinny

No-ones P.O.V

On a cold Autumn night a dark figure made their way through the cemetery and over to a small group of graves. That figure is Harry Potter. He's visiting his family's graves. As he reached the largest of the group he knelt in front of it and placed a small group of Portulaca flowers against the grave stone.

"I found your letter, Gin." Harry said as tears start to prick at the corners of his eyes and he removes the letter from his coat pocket. Opening the letter he read, "Dear Harry, if you are reading this then something has happened to me. I'm sorry that I can't be with you to raise James, Lily and Albus but know that you are going to do great. You are an amazing person and I know that the kids will be too." By now Harry has tears slowly running down his face. "If you ever need help with them just ask 'Mione or Ron, I know they'll help, and Rose and Hugo like being around you. They love their Uncle Harry. If you ever want to talk, I found the resurrection stone and placed it in the bottom of the letter, so you can always use that. Love Ginny." Harry made a small choking noise, "If only you knew Ginny, I lost you all."

As he finished reading the letter he wiped tears from his eyes and picked up the stone before turning it thrice in hand before looking up and seeing Ginny, James, Albus and Lily sitting in front of him in the same clothes they were found in when they were killed.

"Daddy!" A four year old Lily squealed happily as she went up to her father and tried to hug him before laughing and giggling at how she went right through him.

"G-Ginny, I'm so sorry." Harry cried as he apologized for something completely out of his control and he wiped tears from his eyes again.

"Dad, it wasn't your fault." James, eight years old, said to Harry as he grabbed onto a six year old Albus and a laughing Lily before starting to lead them away, "I'll look after these two so you can talk, mum."

"B-bye Dad." Albus said as he waved as he stood before walking away with his siblings to give their parents some privacy.

Once the three children were out of hearing Ginny turned to her husband only to see him about to apologize again while he was rubbing the back of his neck and tears where beginning to fall from his eyes for a third time that day.

"Harry Potter, you listen to me right now. What happened is in no way, shape or form your fault." Ginny said as she so desperately wanted to hold and comfort her savior before remembering something they would say to cheer each other up. "His eyes as green as a fresh pickled toad, His hair is as dark as a blackboard, I wish he was mine, he's truly divine, The hero who conquered the Dark Lord." (Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 13 page 252, JK Rowling)

"Exactly twenty two years since you sent that singing valentine poem. I was so shocked, and that dwarf really hurt my ankles." Harry said with a soft chuckle at the memory, "Happy Valentine, Gin." He finished as he lent in and, forgetting he couldn't touch her, tried to give her a kiss only to fall right through her.

"Harry, as much as I would love to continue talking to you, don't you have a job to do?" Ginny asked, starting to feel cold from being in the mortal realm for so long, as she watched Harry sit up with an amused roll of her eyes.

"I, I quit my job at the ministry. Minerva offered me a job as Defense Professor at Hogwarts but I haven't accepted yet. I don't know what to do." Harry told her with a hint of desperation in both his eyes and his voice.

"You. Did. WHAT!?" Ginny exclaimed as she stood up, looking extremely like Molly Weasley at that moment, he had spent years training to be an Auror and once he was accepted it was all he would talk about, he even told Lily, James and Albus stories of what he would do as an Auror.

"I- I couldn't handle it after you all died, I quit and was helping Ron and George with Weasleys Wizard Wheezes, and then a couple weeks ago I got a letter from Minerva asking me to be DADA professor." Harry explained as he cowered away from his deceased wife, she was scary when she was angry, and he didn't know if she would still be able to cast spells, specifically the Bat Bogey Hex.

"Harry James Potter. You are extremely lucky that I cannot cast any spells otherwise you would be up to your ears in bat bogeys." Ginny said angrily as she sat back down, smoothing out her clothes and tucking her hair behind her ear. "Now, you are going to write a letter to McGonagall and tell her that you will happily accept the DADA position, do you understand?" She finished, talking to him like you would a child.

"Yes ma'am."  Harry replied instantly.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Two months~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Harry had been talking to Ginny and there children at least once a week since then. He had accepted the DADA position and was made head of Gryffindor, McGonagall being unable to do Headmistress, Transfiguration Professor and the Head of Gryffindor duties. He often tried to get Ginny to tell him who did it, but she always said that she won't until he is not going to instantly go after them.

Over the last two months Ginny had seen a good change in Harry's behavior, yes he was still depressed about there deaths but his eyes were filled with more life recently and they weren't as bloodshot, he was starting to wear more spring appropriate clothes instead of thick jumpers and winter pants.

Ginny eventually told Harry that it was Corban Yaxley who had killed her and the three children, and Harry started crying about how it was his fault for not catching Yaxley earlier.

"Harry James Potter, what happened was in no way your fault. None of us had any way to know that would happen. Now stop blaming yourself." Ginny told Harry.

Words- 1078