The Beginning

Fire: To Hurt or Heal

Disclaimer: I don't own PJO/HoO and all they entail, Rick Riordan does.

A/N: I'm going to sum up parts of this because the start has been done so many times before. Also, I'm working on a better cover.

The Beginning:

3RD POV:

Life at Camp Half-Blood had never been better.

After the Giant War, the 7 were offered godhood. All except Percy Jackson accepted, and he used his wish to give Hades and Hestia back their thrones. Then everything returned to normal, with some changes.

The 5 Gods (Annabeth chose to work on Olympus) became the overseers of the camp in the place of Dionysus and the camp prospered because of it.

Under the new godly oversight, parties of campers and satyrs began to bring back a larger number of demigods to the camp.

It all started when one of those parties returned with a son of Ares by the name of Jay Cooper.

Upon his entrance to the camp he slew a single hellhound without any training. While his ego was already massive, this feat (and the campers subsequent adoration) sent it sky-high (where Zeus looked upon it warily as it rivaled his own.)

As he settled into the camp, he began to hear stories of one Perseus Achilles Jackson. After hearing of this hero's exploits from every camper, he started to form a plan. He decided that as he was the greatest hero to exist (in his opinion) that there should be none around to challenge him for the title.

So he began to do simple things, like stomp on Katie Gardner's flowers, tell Chiron of the pranks the Stoll twins were planning, steal the Aphrodite cabin's entire supply of pink glitter and throw in the Ares cabin while they were asleep (making sure to put it on himself) and much more; all while blaming the events on Perseus Jackson.

Percy, as Nico di Angelo was in the underworld, Thalia Grace with the hunt, and Annabeth on Olympus, was alone at Camp. He became ostracized, and no-one defended him. Eventually, after being blamed for torching the infirmary, Percy decided he'd had enough. He marched to Half-Blood Hill, past the disgusted glares of the campers, and upon reaching the summit turned and amplified his voice using the water in the air.

"Attention campers!" He shouted in a voice laced with pain and betrayal. "I have been blamed for innumerous things, and as everyone has apparently forgotten my fatal flaw of personal loyalty, have decided to leave. I warn you however: one day war will come again."

He paused to catch his breath and regain his composure, then continued. "And when that war arrives I will not be here to bail you out. And if by some miracle I should be here, I swear on the Styx to not help unless you all get down on your knees and beg for it."

With that he turned on his heel and walked away from the only place he'd ever felt at home.

---------------------------

Percy POV:

I couldn't believe them! After everything I've done for them, and asked nothing in return mind you. They choose to believe the word of a new camper who could barely defeat a hellhound, over me, who won two wars for them. But that wasn't the worst part.

Not by far.

You see, because of my fatal flaw, such a massive blow to it caused pain almost as terrible as bathing in the Styx.

On a whim, I decided to call my girlfriend, who I had been seeing less and less of as time went on. As the Iris message formed I saw her making out with a random minor god.