💘

"I believe you know why I brought you here." The maniacal villain sat on a lavish chair in a dark room. Only candles illuminated the otherwise unseen faces, though he knew who sat across the table.

A sigh was heard and then a familiar accent. "No Karl. I never know why you decide to kidnap me and may you please turn on the lights? I can't see a thing in here! Really, where are you?"

Karl smiled in the darkness, "Oh... so you can't see?"

The lemur king tried his hardest to adjust his eyes quickly. He looked around to see if his eyes could at least shape figures. There was a light in the room but it was very dim. Julien stood up on the chair and looked around the room, "Um yeah. Why do you think I'm asking you to turn on the lights?"

Karl laughed teasingly, "Oh Julien, you are no fun. The candles are supposed to be calming and mysterious. You know I like things like this. I am only here to talk to you."

"How do you expect us to talk if I can't even see your face?!" Julien slammed his hands down on the table which caused it to shake. The candles delicately balanced on the candle holder, tilted and almost fell over.

The villain panicked and tried to save it, putting his paws on it to keep it steady. The candles were back in its place, leaving Karl relaxed again. He balled his fists and looked in Julien's direction. He was well aware of the ring tail not being able to see him but knew that he'd hear the irritation in his voice. "Fine Julien. I'll turn on the lights. Dear Gods, just a little though."

Without even a sound made, the lights had turned on and he was able to see Julien's face more clearly. Now he could also see his actions. The lemur was standing on top of the chair with his hands on the table. He turned his head around to see Karl which made him swing his head to look away, cross his arms, and sit. Yes, this was much better than before.

The room was still dim but no longer dark. The table candles created a nice effect for this moment. My, how Julien's eyes captured the young fox creature's attention. A lovely shade of dark orange mixed with a bright hazel. It balanced out so perfectly.

Julien turned his head around to look back at his nemesis and cringed slightly, "Uh, Karl, could you stop staring at me like that? It's pretty weird man."

He blinked but he hadn't looked away, "Why yes. I am sorry Julien. I suppose that is a little strange." It took a minute but he did turn away.

Suddenly, the doors barged open and in came a food cart ready to serve with a hissing cockroach squealing for attention. Food dishes were on the cart and the fanaloka set the tray down in front of his guest. Karl took his finger and allowed his friend to hop on.

He cooed and rubbed his nose gently on the cockroach's face, "Well done Chauncey. You are such a big help." The roach responded with a scree as he nuzzled against the bigger animal.

The king stared at the compassionate moment the two shared and then looked away. He shivered and thought to himself, 'Seriously, what is with this guy? He is so weird.'

The villain interrupted his thoughts. "Now Julien," Karl turned around with his usual villain mastermind gesture. "Allow me to serve you before we get to our conversation."

Julien shrunk in his seat as he looked up at Karl. Admittedly, he was creepy. The way he worded things as well as how close he gets to the king's personal space. It was generally... uncomfortable. The fanaloka took the plates off of the cart and placed some in front of him. He really was hungry but he found it weird eating in front of Karl. Was it really a conversation he wanted?