“THIS IS THE WORST,” you grumbled, burying your face into your folded arms. You swung your legs that dangled from the lab stool back and forth, a loud sigh escaping your lips. Glancing to your side, you peered up at Senku, who was busy tinkering with his newest contraption. “Senku, can you make a love potion for me?”

Almost instantly, he came into a still, stiffening from mild shock. It took him a few seconds to gain his composure and revert back to normal while the other people residing in the science laboratory gave a concerted gasp of surprise. You cocked up an eyebrow in confusion, observing the strange expressions on their faces. “Did I say something wrong?”

“You... want a love potion, [Last Name]-san?” a guy questioned, his voice wavering. The others gawked at his courage to speak up. “What for?”

“What else would I need it for?” you asked rhetorically, knowing that they already knew the answer. You fiddled with the ends of your hair, twirling it with your fingers as your cheeks began to gain color. “I'm confessing, of course. And I'm pretty sure I'm going to get rejected.”

“A-ah... really?”

I doubt it, they all collectively thought, blushing at the sight of the lovestruck look on your face. Truly a sight to behold. What kind of cold, insensitive prick can resist?

“Sounds stupid,” Senku commented, resuming his previous activity before your interference.

Ah. This guy.

“Are you calling my feelings stupid?” you accused him, though there was no bite to your words. The irritation evident in your expression melts away as you slumped, sighing once more in self-pity. “To be honest, I think it's stupid, too.”

“Not that,” Senku clarified and the club members perked up, hoping he would deny the possibility of a rejection to your confession (which is definitely for him; really, you couldn't possibly like anyone else). “It's stupid to rely on a love potion. What are you, a grade-schooler?”

They groaned in disappointment, causing you to wonder why they were so invested in your conversation in the first place. Deciding not to mind it, you shook your head. “Well, I didn't actually mean it. I know love potions don't exist, at least.” You chuckled, straightening your back. “But it'd be nice if they did.”

“Some people still succeed without the help of a love potion, [Last Name]-san,” a girl chided, smiling reassuringly. “It won't hurt to try.”

“No, no, it would definitely hurt if I got rejected,” you half-joked, earning a few laughs. “It's scary to think about what will happen after the rejection, too. Wouldn't he avoid me because it's too awkward to stay friends?”

You shuddered at the thought of it. The others nodded in agreement, making small chatter about numerous possibilities, and your face grew paler by each one. Senku stole a quick look at your direction before turning back to his project. How is everyone so used to her presence in here? She's not even part of the science club.

“This is why I seriously admire the people who has the guts to do it...!”

As if on cue, the door to the laboratory slid open to reveal Taiju, red-faced and eyes burning with the fire of determination. “Listen up, Senku, [Name]!” The loud noise effectively caught everyone's attention, including yours. “I'm going to tell Yuzuriha these feelings I've had inside for the past five years!”

The whole room erupted in awed gasps of shock for the second time, and you couldn't help but applaud him for his bravery. “Yeah?” Senku's attention shifts from the machine in his hand and transferred to Taiju, “well, that sure does sound interesting.”