Ring Pops and Garden Salads

Law sighed, setting down all of his paperwork from his workday on his desk; The breeze flowing from an adjacent window pushed his papers around slightly, but Law stopped caring as he slumped into his desk chair. He had just finished an organ transplant on a young woman in his hospital, North Blue Emergency Services. It went smoothly, but his back hurt from bending over the operation table for so long. He was the top surgeon in the building, so his days were typically always long and full, and because of that, it was downtime like this that he treasured the most.

Law glanced sidelong at the clock. 15 minutes. He had 15 minutes before he had to perform an elective jaw surgery on a young kid. That was enough time to relax for a brief moment. He stretched his hands out to the air beside him as he yawned. He wiggled his outstretched fingers and felt them collide with a small box on his desk. He looked at the ground where the box fell open. It was a compact, felt, ring box, lined with gold silk. Beside the container fell a small gold band. Law leaned down to pick it up and put the box on his desk. He held the ring between his fingers, staring at the way the gold glinted and glimmered in the sun. This gold band was the ring he was going to use to propose to Luffy tonight at the Baratie. Law felt nerves twinge in his stomach. He wasn't at all worried that Luffy would say no. He was concerned that the idiot would somehow spoil his plan. Law had no inclination that Luffy would end up turning him down; Luffy had claimed Law from day one. Law smiled as he remembered that fateful day that brought him here.

~

Law was thankfully able to get off of work early to get lunch in the Loguetown Shopping District with Penguin. His old friend worked as an assistant RN at the nearby Hiriluk Pediatric Center; They were both so consistently busy that they rarely got to see each other, so moments like this were always prized.

"We're here!" Penguin grinned as they approached a bustling restaurant. "Jewelry Bonnie's Pizzeria." The place seemed nicely kempt and had a newer look to it, despite the hoodlums surrounding it. Law was less than impressed with the teenagers Bonnie's seemed to attract and gave his beaming friend a sidelong glance.

"You certainly have a knack for finding the weird hole in the wall restaurants around town," Law said with a bit of a grimace. He absent-mindedly pulled a long strand of Bepo's fur off of his jacket sleeve while Penguin opened the door.

"Don't worry. The owner is crazy here too, but not nearly as bad as that Whole Cake Bakery we went to last week." Law shuddered as he remembered the monstrous woman that chased them out of the said restaurant. He shook off the chill that ran down his spine as he followed Penguin into the restaurant. A young girl that couldn't be more than 19 approached the two men.

"Heya, folks, I'm Jewelry Bonnie." The young girl with pink hair said with a grin. She had a large, greasy slice of all meat pizza in her hand that she took a bite of as she finished her sentence. Cheese dripped from the corners of her mouth as she continued talking through the pizza. "Two today?" Law shuddered yet again.

"Yep! On the deck, please." Penguin answered for them. Bonnie nodded as she led the two through the crowded restaurant. Law dodged moving bodies and flying food as he followed closely behind. He made a mental note to make sure he picked the restaurant next time. Eventually, Bonnie sat the two of them down on the deck, where Law could see all of the busy streets of the shopping district. Directly across from them was a large field, Roger Park. It was a warm day out, so several people were out on the grass, playing games, and eating lunch. A group of young kids caught Law's attention first. It was a young boy, not far in age from Law, wearing a straw hat and red vest, playing frisbee with another boy, tanner, with an inhumane nose. Law hummed as he turned back to Penguin and picked up the menu in front of him.