𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER FOURTEEN | BRING IT ON

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

DAMON HAD INSISTED THAT HE WOULD HANDLE HUMANITY-FREE ELENA. Though the task of handling Elena was harder than he expected and even Damon Salvatore had to admit defeat. He indulged her with a little bloody and reckless behavior but she got bored with his constant babysitting.

Once Damon's way didn't work out, Stefan and Klara had made the suggestion of trying their way—taking her back to school. Damon seemed unimpressed with the idea of exposing a humanity-free vampire to a school full of humans. "That's the plan? You two are gonna take her back to school?"

"Well, the fun route didn't exactly pay off, did it?" Stefan rolled his eyes at his brother as the three vampires walked back into Damon's bedroom. 

"I don't know." The eldest of the two brothers twirled around and shrugged with a devilish grin on his face. "Got a free meal out of it."

"Do you seriously think that Stefan and I wanna spend all our time babysitting Elena? No." Klara raised an eyebrow toward Damon, who sighed in defeat. "But, you can't go to school because you're not a student, and you have a very busy schedule. Hunting down Katherine for the cure."

"Not that anyone asked me but I think taking her back to school is a great idea." Caroline wandered into Damon's room sporting a pink robe that caused the two Salvatore's to furrow their brows in confusion.

"Why are you here?"

"Uh, I mean, if Caroline showers at home, she'll get burned." Klara vaguely waved it off as the two brothers looked more confused than before. "There's vervain in the town's water supply and you've got water filters. Do the math, dumbasses."

"Oh, yeah. The mayor put vervain in the water supply." Damon tutted. "So many people to kill."

"Yeah, and my mom says it's about to get worse, so she could use a little help." Caroline gave a pleading look toward Damon, almost hinting at him to offer his services to the Sheriff.

"Fine. I'll go after the psychotic doppelganger. Stefan, you're gonna go talk to the Sheriff. Blondies, take her to school." The Salvatore grinned once he deligated all the tasks.

"Sounds like fun." Elena's voice carried into the room as she turned the corner completely naked. Caroline and Klara looked at each other in horror, while Damon and Stefan uncomfortably swallowed once she covered herself with a towel. "What? It's nothing you guys haven't seen before. And, as for the going to school idea, I've got nothing better to do."

Stefan cleared his throat and glanced in the direction of his brother, almost indicating him to use the sire bond to ensure Elena behaved. Damon nodded and stepped forward. "Elena, it would make me very happy if you went to school today. And studied hard—you know, get involved in whatever activities. And please, for me, no matter what, don't eat anyone. Okay?"