Chapter 1- Memories

A/N hey! This is the first fanfic I've ever written but I've been inspired by many wattpad authors and I've had the idea in my head for a while, so enjoy! (Btw I am a huge HP fan and all of the characters here apart from Mel Warbeck are all JK Rowing's I do not own them, I'm just writing fan fiction!)

Chapter One- Memories
Mel:

A small rectangle of sunlight settled into the dimly lit room through the window just above Mel's head. Shiny rays warmed the patch of floor beside her missing her entirely. The now blank, white walls that once held so many memories were stark and unforgiving around her. She had to strip off all of the beautiful red wallpaper that had been there when she bought the house for the new tenants that would be staying when she was away teaching at Hogwarts. They seemed nice enough though, a loverly young family ready to find a place to settle. They were muggles, but knew of the wizarding world because of a cousin who was a muggleborn witch, whom Mel believed was a Hufflepuff in her third year at Hogwarts.

Melanie remembered when her husband and herself talked of starting a family, he said that they would wait a few years as they were only young. Sitting by the roaring fire in his arms, blankets covering is as the world outside wept and stormed. It felt like nothing could pierce their little world. Mel didn't want to leave this old house, it reminded her of him and she still wasn't ready to let go, even after thirty odd years of mourning. But it was up to her to make a new life for herself, when Professor McGonagall asked Mel to be her Aunt Hooch's replacement for Quiddich teacher she had to go and take this as an opportunity to start again.

So here she was, saying goodbye. Her whole life packed up into a few suitcases which stood by her side ready to go. She whispered a quick Locomotor and threw some floo power into the fire, then they were gone in a flash of green fire, to her new chambers at Hogwarts in the Ravenclaw tower. Mel was in Ravenclaw when she was at school and it was decided that Professor Flitwick would keep an eye on her during the first year as he was her head of house and he was one of Mel's favourite teachers at school.

Suddenly the door behind her creaked open and the new tenant, (the recent Mrs Wicker) greeted Mel with a toothy smile.
"Oh, hello Mel! I'm glad we caught you before you went, I can't thank you enough for renting this beautiful house out to us."
She leaned back against the doorframe, evidently tired as at this point she was very pregnant. Melanie brought a chair from where it had been stacked in the corner of the room.
"Here Anna, have a sit down while David comes up with the boxes. It was really no problem and if anything isn't working just ring me up and I'll apperate on over." She liked Anna, she was very down to earth. She had thick, chestnut coloured hair and huge doe-like eyes. Her husband doted on her every need and I felt glad that I could help them by giving them a cheap lease, (She had money from my husband's vault at Gringotts and she didn't need any more) Mel was also happy that she could provide them with a stable environment for their first child to grow up in because they were at the end of the line when she met them, David had a job that didn't pay enough to rent any house that was big enough for three.
"Thank you, I'll just plop down here then. My feet are killing me!" Anna's voice snapped her back into reality, she stretched her feet out in front of her, delicately pointed her toes and sighed.
"So, where are you going to stay now Mel? Is it some magical place or something?" Mel leaned my weight against the mantelpiece.
"I'm going to teach Quiddich at Hogwarts, my aunt Rolanda Hooch used to teach there, but she's too old now, so the headmistress has asked me to take over." And for the next twenty minutes, while David brought and set up various things around the house to make them more at home, such as a TV and kitchen appliances. She explained the rules of Quiddich to Anna, who seemed thoroughly fascinated by the prospect of flying brooms and the idea of 'snitch napping' (when someone other than the seeker takes the snitch). Apparently the name was hilarious.

After those twenty minutes though, it was time to say goodbye, for the time being at least as she was to stay with them in the Christmas holidays and then later in the summer as well. Melanie turned towards the fire once again and threw another handful of floo power into the fire making the flames turn emerald green. Then she went up to Anna, gave her a light hug and said,
"I hope that baby doesn't cause you too much trouble, I'm sure that you'll both be really tired by the time I next see you two!" With that she stepped into the fireplace and said,
"Ravenclaw tower, Hogwarts!"
She felt a familiar, yet uncomfortable tugging at her bellybutton as she was thrust through the fire place in her room. Seeing her luggage thrown halfway across said room, Mel sighed, this was going to be a long night.

A/N The song is Monster by Imagine Dragons and I think that it fits Remus really well. And a HP meme, (of course!) ;3