𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER FIFTEEN | BECAUSE THE NIGHT

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

KLARA WAS ABRUPTLY WOKEN FROM HER BLISSFUL SLEEP TO THE SOUND OF STEFAN'S PHONE BUZZING ON THE NIGHTSTAND. The blonde vampire groaned out of irritation when she felt Stefan's arm move from around her to grab the ringing cellphone. After Elena attacked both Klara and Caroline, she and Damon had mysteriously gone missing. Stefan attempted to call his brother that night, but he was met with Damon's voicemail. 

"So, I took Elena to New York." Damon spoke immediately before Stefan had even had a chance to examine who had called him. "Figured your girlfriend and your ex-girlfriend could do with some time apart. Last thing we need is them ripping each other's heads off."

"Wow. You're all heart." Klara gruffy answered back as she rubbed her eyes a few times in an attempt to wake herself up.

Stefan's eyes darted to Klara as he sighed. "Where is she now?"

"Out exploring. Maybe she's eating a hot-dog... vendor." The Salvatore trailed off with a hint of humor in his voice. Damon was suppose to be looking for Katherine, who had the cure, not a round-the-world tour with Elena.

"So I take it your search for Katherine is off." Stefan's tone seemed more irritated about the fact that Damon was sherking his duty than anything else.

"Relax, man. This little joy-ride is actually a cure hunt. That vampire that Katherine sent after Hayley is a friend of mine." Damon explained while Klara gasped at the fact Damon had a friend other than them. "He lived in the city. Will got vampires fake identities and I'm sure that Katherine was one of his cilents."

"I assume you're keeping the true reason for your trip to New York from Elena. If Elena finds out that you're looking for it, she'll bolt in under sixty." The blonde's voice was slightly harsher than before. 

"I'm aware of that, Goldie-Locks. What I'm hoping is she's gonna be so wasted on booze and blood that she won't even think about it."

"Don't underestimate her." The Salvatore rolled his eyes at how naive Damon was being. "Listen to me, she's ruthless without her humanity. The cure's the fastest way to get it back."

"Just be a good brother and keep Mystic Falls afloat for me and let me do my thing. You and Klara have an immortal named Silas to deal with, remember?" Abrupty, Damon ended the call. 

"Ugh." Klara grunted out and pushed her face back into her pillow. "All I want is one day without psychotic immortal killers. Just one day."

The Salvatore noticed his girlfriend's eyebrow raise as she listened in to a conversation taking place downstairs. "Speaking of psychotic immortal killers—"