20.

˗ˏˋ "should i be worried?" 'ˎ˗

it was late, around three am and spencer had gotten back from a case. he opened the door to aurora's apartment, slowly and quietly came in, figuring she was asleep.

spencer sat his things down, took off his shoes and made his way to her room. which at this point, was their room.

he began to undress himself so he could change into something more comfortable, and that's when auroras eyes started to flutter open.

"go back to bed, it's me." he whispered.

"mmm." she rubbed her eyes as he went to lay under the covers next to her.

she scoots towards him, to which he puts his arm around her, cuddling her.

"i missed you." she mumbled into his chest.

"i missed you more." he said in a hushed tone.

"you know.." she muttered, "i mean did you know, a snail can sleep for three years!? who would've thought."

spencer smiles, "i did know, interesting isn't it?"

"mhm." she hummed in agreement.

"you're so cute when you're half asleep and speaking absolute none sense." he chuckled.

she didn't respond, and all you could hear were her soft snores, he smiles thinking to himself, this is the love of my life.

washington state campus
third person pov
12:34pm

"but professor, i don't understand. i executed, no pun intended, all the sections that were needed for this essay, i added more to my claim too.." aurora explained as she held her five page essay on famous serial killers, specifically lust killers, their signatures, victimology and everything in between. explaining what was needed to be known on them.

he sighs, "i'm sorry ms rossi, i gave you the grade i believe it deserved. and in this case, it barely makes it to a 64%."

aurora gives him a weak smile, as she was about to walk away, "thanks anyways."

she wasn't the type to argue if she didn't have to, and in her eyes, she did what she had to. aurora hates confrontation and that was enough of it for her.

before walking away, he calls out, "do you think your father would be proud of such an essay?"

she turns around to face him, she furrows her eyebrows. "what does my father have to do with my school work?"

"he's a supervisory special agent of the fbi's behavioral analysis unit, and doesn't he catch serial killers for a living?"

he sounded almost as if he was going to laugh, just trying to hold it back in order for it to be "professional".