19.

TW: mention of suicide.

˗ˏˋ "you're embarrassing yourself

˗ˏˋ "you're embarrassing yourself." 'ˎ˗

aurora was back to working, and she glad she was, it didn't feel right if she wasn't working for a while.

"hi, welcome. what can i get you?" she asks as she searched for her pen that fell on the floor.

"uhm, yeah can i get a matcha iced green tea, with tapioca pearls?" the man asked, she found the pen and got up, locking eyes with him.

her eyes widen as she recognized him, it was her ex.

he happened to notice to, because he smiled, "oh, aurora? hey.."

aurora felt like she was going to die from embarrassment, she hadn't seen xavier in.. forever.

what is he doing here anyways? shouldn't he be in california playing with some other girls heart? she thought to herself.

"oh uh, hi." she smiled nervously, as she clicked on the small screen in front of her copying his order. "you said tapioca pearls too, correct?"

he nods, as he takes out his wallet, "yup."

aurora clears her throat, "that'll be.. four dollars and twenty five cents."

xavier hands her a ten dollar bill, "actually, can i get a cookie too?"

she looks down at her rings, "which one."

"which do you have?"

aurora wanted to rip her hair out, she wanted this awkward interaction to be over ASAP, but apparently he didn't. can he just look up at the menu or is he blind????

"we have the oatmeal raisin, double chocolate chip-" she began but shortly got cut off by him.

"i'll get the double chocolate chip."

she forces a smile, i guess some things don't change, he still has no manners.

"that'll be.. six dollars and twenty five cents."

xavier hands her the bill to which aurora accepts and grabs his change, and as she does he says, "it's been too long, aurora."

"not long enough." she mumbles, handing him his change. "your drink and cookie will be right up."

she wanted to be rude and cold to him, because he had done worse to her. xavier deserved it, and he deserved so much more than her giving him the cold shoulder.

aurora went to prepare his drink, when he peers over and continued to talk to her.

"wow. so harsh for what?" he asked, you could tell he was somewhat offended.

she chuckles, ignoring him trying to get his drink out of the way as quickly as possible.

"so what, you're just gonna ignore me?" xavier complained. "you know i came all this way.. for you."

she shrugs, "you did that, you took that upon yourself."

"i.. aurora please, we need to talk."

aurora didn't respond, she was done with his drink, and he goes over and grabs the cookie.

she hands it to him with a sarcastic smile, "have an amazing day."

she had a strong urge to slap him, and ask him why he came for her. after years, and after all he put her through, he just pops out, out of no where, when everything is going well for her and she doesn't need him.

he grabs the drink, "gianna don't be like that.. i'm sorry. i apologized.."

she gulps, xavier had been the only one to ever call her by her middle name. "don't call me that."

"please, can we talk about this?"

aurora's manager comes beside her, "mary is covering for you, it's your break time already."

she nods, taking off her apron and going to sit down at a table, which xavier shortly followed behind.

"xavier, please leave. you're embarrassing yourself."

he takes a seat in front of her, setting his drink down. "look aurora, i'm so sorry. so so so sorry. i was immature back then, and i didn't know any better. i treated you like shit, and i was such a douche.."

she scoffs, "there are so many other things that would describe you perfectly, calling you a douche would be the nicer side of it."

"okay bash me, i deserve it."

"oh trust me, i'll bash you when i please to, i don't need your permission." aurora shook her head, "you deserve so much more than me bashing you that small. you told me i hope the suicide doesn't get to you, who the fuck says that?"

xavier looks down, avoiding eye contact, "i'm sorry aurora..."

she chuckles in disbelief, "no. just no. i cant believe you right now. who even says that? even if you were mad. you had no right. no right whatsoever. that was such a sensitive topic for me to even tell you about, and you just.. brought it up like it was some joke. you lost the respect i once had for you. sorry doesn't take back the nights i spent crying over you. sorry doesn't cover up the holes you tore in my heart. none of it. so i'm not quite sure you're here right now."

xavier sighs, "ill get going then."

he was hoping she would change her mind, and tell him other wise. because that's what she would have done before, when she was naive and didn't know any better.

instead she shrugged, "bye."

so xavier did, he left. and when he did, aurora sighed putting her face in her hands.

the fucking nerve, she thought to herself.

༻❁༺

when aurora had gotten home, she immediately called spencer. in hopes of getting at least some time to rant to him, because quite frankly she was still fumed.

it rang a few times until he picked up.

"hey rory.." spencer spoke through the phone, his voice a bit above a whisper, there was talking in the background.

spencer had been on a case for a few days now, but he would make sure to call every now in then either way to check in.

"hey bub, you won't guess what happened today."

"hold on, i think we're about to give out the profile, so i have to go.." spencer's voice sounded kind of far away from the phone, then his voice is brought back by his phone. "..but bye my love, tell me all about it later. i'll let you know when i'm getting home."

the smile that she got from hearing his voice slowly turned into a frown, "oh okay, bye spence, stay safe."

and with that, the call ended.

a/n
is xavier based on an ex of mine,
yes LMFAO. did he say that to me?
yeah. it's okay tho because i have my
homie, yes anitza, IG 😝.
pls never settle for less y'all.. youre
worth more than a dumb boy who
doesn't even know how to do long
division but has the audacity to treat you
less than you should be. oddly specific but
i had to call him out for it ❤️.
hope you enjoyed tho :)