𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

I'M going to start off by saying that it's the 90s. Well, the middle of it anyways. The decade that people think the world is ending and going to shit...again. I'm convince only thirty five percent of the world don't even know what year it is due to all the drugs that's been frying our systems. As the last decade of the 1900s, we are practically a combination of the last three decades and the bad parts of it. Though, it's only because people follow trends.

"Damn it, Ruben, give it back!" I groaned, quickly annoyed that he was holding one of my wheels hostage. I sat on the counter of our usual hangout, Motor, already pissed that I had to put my new skateboard together, even though Fuckshit promised he'd help.

"I ain't giving shit back," He dismissed, glancing back at a Fourth Grade, who was messing with his camera, trying to record us, "Maybe if you asked nicely and ain't trip me on purpose earlier, you would have got it by now."

"Eat shit," I grumbled, "Now give me it!"

"Nah, fuck you." He laughed loudly, seeing I was in no joking mood.

Ray then came from outside and eyed us both, "What the hell are you guys arguing about now?"

"Fuckshit hasn't come back yet, so I had to set up my skateboard myself and the only issue I'm having right now is this little piece of shit not giving me my fucking wheel back." I ranted and Ray went over to Ruben, snatching the wheel to walk over to me. I smile widely, "Thank you, Raymond." He playfully rolled his eyes at what I called him before I look at Ruben, proudly flipping him off as I screwed on my last wheel.

Ray walked behind me as I still sat on the counter, taking the skateboard from my lap to examine it, "Not bad. Not bad at all, but you could have asked me to put the grip tape."

He then grabbed my hand to show the cut I got on my index finger, that kind of stung like hell. I was so distracted by Ruben, I didn't even notice, "I'll be alright, it's just a little cut."

"Here," Ray grabbed a bandaid from his back pocket, handing it to me.

"Thanks," I smiled in acknowledgment, "I've been meaning to ask, how's Stevie?"

He glanced up from my board, "Sunburn? He's good. His arm is healing alright, I guess." I nodded, glancing down at my shoes.

A month ago, Ray and our friends got in this crazy car crash, and Stevie got hurt pretty badly since he was in the passenger seat and Fuckshit was driving drunk. I told him that he shouldn't be driving that night, especially with how pissed he was at Ray, but he wasn't listening to shit I had to say. Though, since then, he hasn't gotten that drunk since.

Soon, the bell to the door rang as it swung open, and I looked up to see it was Fuckshit. I was quick to send a glare his way, "You were supposed to help me with my board, Fuckshit."

"Oh shit, I forgot!" He gaped lightly, placing his hand over his mouth, "My bad, Lava."

I rolled my eyes at the nickname. A part of me hated it in the beginning, but it's growing on me a little. They only call me that because of how quickly I get mad. My temper isn't quite up to par, and I'm quick to lash out- which sometimes isn't even my fault. Ray is the only one to call me Drew because we grew up with each other since we were kids alongside Fuckshit, though I only met him a year later I met Ray. Fuckshit used to call me by my real name, but I guess it's only because I call him by his nickname than his real name. I only call him by his real name when he pisses me off, which is more often than I can think of. I just wished they gave me a better name than a hot, melted rock that erupted from a volcano.

"What do you guys wanna do today?" Fourth Grade asked and I looked over at him with a grin before I hopped off the counter to make my way to him. He was my favorite out of the group besides Stevie.

I plopped down next to him, placing me feet on his lap, "Let's do something fun."

"Ain't 'fun' for you a shopping spree with Estee and them?" Ruben asked, "Or paint your nails together during sleepovers?"

"Yeah, why didn't you hang out with them today?" Fourth Grade also asked, looking over at me.

I shrugged, "Didn't feel like it." I didn't want to tell the boys I lied and told Estee I was sick after inviting me to the mall. Trust me, I love Estee, it's just sometimes I prefer to lay back, roll up and skate with the guys.

Ruben scoffed, "We know you're really here for me, Lava. You don't have to lie in front of them."

I gave a fake laugh, "If I'm here for anyone, it would be Fourth Grade." I pull him into me, kissing his cheek, causing his face to quickly turn red as a tomato.

Ray laughed along with Fuckshit as Ruben gagged, "It's too early for me to throw up my breakfast, alright? So, like don't ever do that shit again."

I laughed loudly, still holding onto Fourth Grade. Fourth Grade really embodied a child, the need to stay young still in him. He reminded me of Peter Pan, never wanting to get old, only live in his youth forever. Stevie was still 12, so he actually was a child, but his mentally was five years older.

"Come on, Drew. Let's go test this new board out." Ray told me, holding up his skateboard and mine in his hands before walking out the back, for me to follow. The boys also joined us, sitting on the sidelines. Fourth Grade pulled out his recorder, already starting the camera as Ruben laughed at whatever Fuckshit said.

I take my board from Ray and place it on the ground, quick to hop on it. I instantly smiled, loving how it was quick to glide across the ground, "This shit is sick."

"You see, I told you I knew what I was doing." Ray grinned as he got on his board, because he picked out the board for me. I only nodded, before performing a simple ollie.

Ray was the one that got me into skateboarding. He taught me all that I knew, even though it's only a couple tricks. I would learn a lot more but my patience after falling almost a hundred times prevents me from doing so. Fuckshit and Ruben then joined in, doing simple tricks, but clean ones.

I couldn't help but grin because I found this better than the mall. Better than anything else I do with my basic life. This is the life I really want to live.