10

We pulled into the driveway and I sprinted to take off my cap and gown. I put them on a hanger and grabbed clothes to change into that weren't gross. A new choice to choose from clicked in my brain and I smiled.

Cards and chocolate

Cards and chocolate. Definitely.

He made a choice for me. I couldn't reach for my makeup bag. It felt like there was a barrier around it. "Thanks, Harold." I sighed. "You're beautiful with and without it." He said. He's never seen me without it, but that was cute. I got in the shower and quickly washed off, then changed and cleaned up my room. Everyone was frantically cleaning as well downstairs. I vacuumed upstairs and tidied up the bathroom my brother and I shared (which is weird because I mainly used the bathroom in my room.)

"Pulling up now," Harry said. I practically sprinted downstairs and fixed my hair in the mirror that was right in front of the door. "He's here, everyone go go go go go go go!" I announced. I heard a car door shut outside and my parents walked to the kitchen while Josh fell over the back of the couch. I opened the door and saw Harry approaching me. "Hi, come in!" I smiled.

He stepped in. "Well, these were supposed to be a surprise but seeing as you had to make a choice..." He pulled out a card and box of chocolate. "They're still sweet. Thank you, Harry."

"MOMMMM, YOUR DAUGHTER IS ALL FLIRTY." Josh yelled. "Josh!" I groaned. "Follow me," I walked upstairs and towards my room. I walked in and sat down on my bed. "Sorry about Josh, he's an overprotective asshole," I told him. "I get it, Gemma's the same way...in a sense."

We laughed and he sat down in front of me. "Well? Open your card, love." He told me. I took it out of the white envelope. The card was white with a red door on it with the words "I a-door you" under it. It was cute and cheesy. I knew he made another choice when I felt the urge to hug him. Usually, I wouldn't because I don't want it to be awkward, but since HE decided it, I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and put my head on my arm. "You haven't even read the inside, darling." He teased. "You know what you did, Harry." I rolled my eyes and nudged him playfully.

I opened the card and saw a paper folded in the back of the door.

Dear Soulmate.

"When I turned 18, I began writings notes to my soulmate every year on my birthday. Now I finally have someone to give them too." Harry said. THAT WAS SO CUTE OH MY GOD. "I hope I can live up to your expectations of who you wanted as a soulmate, Harry."

He chuckled, "You already are, Braelynn

He chuckled, "You already are, Braelynn." His voice had gotten raspier as he slipped two fingers under my chin. I leaned in and his lip attached to mine. They were soft and gentle against my own. It felt as if something unlocked...but what?

It wasn't something that was forced or something that was supposed to appear this soon. It was strong and like a spark. Just a flicker of something I never imagined I'd start feeling towards someone like him. It was love.

Love was forming. This soon? Was our bond about to grow? I felt him smile against my skin.
-

"Okay...ice cream or snow cones?" I asked, tossing a chocolate into the air. Harry caught it in his mouth. He was laying at the end of my bed and looking at me. "Ice cream, of course." He laughed. "What? Ice cream over snow cones? Must be a British thing." I teased. "Fine, fine. Romance or horror movies?" He asked. "Horror movies. Definitely."

"What? What about the Titanic? Or the Notebook? C'mon!" He argued. "What about the Shining or the Ring?" I asserted. "Never seen it." He shook his head. "No way! There's absolutely no way!" I gasped. Harry shrugged. "We definitely have to watch it then."

"Only if you watch the Notebook with me." He exchanged. "Fine. Deal."