CHAPTER 1

Eunice's POV

OH MY GOD

Oh my God, oh my God.

Am usually not good at packing and when it comes to packing I am a total mess. That's unless my best friend Abby is with me. She will be coming to pick me up from the airport in Schifferville.
Leaving Jamaica is going to hurt since I'll be leaving my family behind but it's for the best. Especially now that I need a break from all the things going on with them and I am tired of the constant rivals between us and my dad.

"Honey are you done packing? Your flight is in two hours." My mom asked once she stepped into my room. I was getting my toiletries and putting them in my suitcase.

"Almost... And.... Done. " I smiled at my mom and she smiled back. I am going to miss this woman the most but I am also finally going to have my own freedom for once in  my life and I have to say.....I am EXCITED.

"You know ...your dad is worried about you" my mom said as I was putting on my snickers. Mom if only you knew how much I don't give a shit right now.
But instead I  told her "I'll take good care of myself mom... And I'll be with Abby the whole time.. So don't worry about me."

Mom left my room and I could sense she is very sad that I am leaving. I don't blame her though, I know what she is going through especially now that both my brothers left, my sister left for the sugar candy area(if you know what I mean,if you don't, she passed away).
I put my hair up in a pony tail and gave my room one last look. I smiled to myself, grabbed my bags and left for downstairs. I found mom in the kitchen and gave her a bear hug. Honestly the real victim I am running away from is my assailed of a dad. My mom and my brothers have nothing to do with this. All my dad ever did was give up on me and I will do my best to prove that motherfucker wrong.

"Am gonna miss you mom."I finally said. My eyes were brimming with tears after I thought about all that she has done for us.
"I will miss you too,darling."She said. I wiped my tears with the back of my hand and broke away from the hug.

"I better get going."I said after some minuyes of silence. I texted my dad telling him I'll be going and he texted back wishing me a are journey and to take care of myself.

* * * * *

I spotted Abby searching around for me in the parking lot of the airport and moved over to her and noticed she had not seen me yet.

What a loser.

I rolled my eyes at my wise best friend and finally spoke.
"Hi there Abigail."

"Aaaaaah" she screamed. "The hell Eunice! You fucking scared me.
I laughed so hard at her reaction.
"That was the whole point." I said while laughing.
Abby rolled her green eyes at me
"You never change, do you?" Suddenly her eyes lit up and she pulled me in for a hug
"Anyway I missed you so much! It's been such a long time! 6 months without my best friend was like hell for me. I was so excited when you said you were coming back here. You have no idea how–" With each word the hug became tighter until I was choking.
"Aa... Abby.... Can't.... Bree... Breath."l finally said. She broke the hug.
"Oh... Sorry. I didn't notice. Are you hungry?" I thought you would never ask.
"Yup. Very hungry." I replied popping the 'p'.

*****

I was in the passenger's seat of Abby's Epsom telling her all about how my dad thinks I'm a total failure and how I have no idea if I'm going to be a journalist or if l'm going to follow my dreams of fashion,art and music. She  told me that getting a job as a journalist in Canada would not be easy so I should try my dreams too since I did a double course at college. Yeah... that's right people. I did two courses at college which was not easy and was known by my brothers, Elroy and Ernest. Ernest one year older than me and Elroy is eight years older than me. Abby's brother Aaron is nine years older than us and he got married five years ago and so did Elroy.

After having a simple meal from an Italian restaurant downtown from the airport, Abby decided that we head to her apartment.

"Hey what kind of apartment do you want. You know we can share,right?" Abby asked when I asked her how much rent she pays.
"You sure... I mean I really want to but how many rooms are in there. Also isn't it expensive?" I had to ask.

"Well... I am so a hundred percent sure and we will pay the rent in turns. Please.. Just please stay with me." she then gave me the puppy dog eyes which she knows don't work on me but I still accepted the offer anyway.

The car suddenly came to a stop and Abby turned the ignition off.

"Alright we're here. Get your  stuff out."

I looked outside and WOW this apartment block is huge. I got out and joined Abby in getting my stuff from the trunk. It was that hard that we went back to the car four times to get boxes to carry. 
Once we we're done we flopped down on  the couch.
I need rest and a lot of it. Abby had already shown me around so I went straight to my room and cleaned up and went to sleep

♥♥♥♥♥

Author's note
I am very new to writing and I am begging for more motivation and I promise this story will get better. It's just a start and she has soo much to do but with time I will do my best to improve on the story.  Please vote and comment

ILYSVM♥🔥

–temptationß