𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER SIXTEEN | AMERICAN GOTHIC

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

SILENCE RADIATED THROUGH THE CAR AS KLARA AND STEFAN DROVE TO DAMON'S LOCATION. Apparently, he had been jumped by Elena and Rebekah who stole his car and journeyed off to track down the elusive Katherine Pierce. Klara, however, hadn't really said a word since she killed twelve witches to protect her friend. She knew that she had no choice, there was no way that she would've let Bonnie die.

Stefan turned her eyes briefly from the road ahead, to Klara. She sat with her hand rested on her chin as she stared out of the window beside her. The Salvatore cleared his throat. "It wasn't your fault, you know?"

"Oh, really?" Klara raised an eyebrow toward him. She lowered her hand from her chin as she scoffed. "Well then, tell me, Stefan, who's fault was it?"

A sympathetic sigh left his lips. "Klara—"

"No. No, you don't get it. It was me, Stefan. I was the one who went over there and stabbed that knife into her chest like it was nothing." Klara forced her eyes shut and all she could see was the twelve witches that dropped dead around her.

"You did it to protect Bonnie; you did it to save her." Stefan pressed again, his vision flickered between the road and his girlfriend. "You didn't have a choice, Klara. Either Bonnie killed the witches, or they killed her."

"Right, but now I've just given Silas everything he needs to destroy the Other Side." The blonde vampire stressful ran a hand straight her hair as she glanced to Stefan. "Every single supernatural creature is gonna come back beside of—"

He suddenly broke her off and grabbed hold of her hand. "You trust me, don't you?" She nodded. Klara trusted Stefan completely. "You're right, Silas has everything he needs except the cure and we're gonna make sure he never gets it. Okay?"

"Okay." Klara took a breath as the car started to slow down in front of Damon, who was waving his arms about in surrender. He was stood beside a car on the edge of a road in the middle of God knows where. "Well, if it isn't the dumb-ass that got jumped."

"Rich comin' from the girl that just completed the Expression Triangle," Damon grunted through gritted teeth walked toward them. He watched Stefan and Klara exchange looks in the front of the car. "Yeah, that's right. Your boyfriend told me all about it."

"Great." Klara mumbled quietly as Damon pulled two tanks of gas out from Stefan's trunk and carried them toward his own car.

"If they so much as even scratched the paint on my car—"

"Well, just be grateful Sheriff Forbes was able to track down the car after you let them, uh, you know, steal it from you." Stefan slammed his trunk shut and followed his brother.