𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN | PICTURES OF YOU

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

PROM WAS THE EVENT THAT EVERY HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR DREAMED OF. Having the perfect dress, the perfect hair, even the perfect prom date. Klara just wanted the evening the be perfect, despite the sizable problem that was Elena Gilbert. She, Caroline and Bonnie had all gone prom dress shopping together which gave the Bennett the perfect chance to discuss the nightmares about Jeremy that she'd been having.

"What kind of dreams?" Caroline questioned as the girls walked out of the dressing room and she moved in front of the mirror to look at herself wearing a pink dress.

"Usually, I'm at his grave and all of a sudden he appears to me." Bonnie sighed out with a hushed voice, in case anyone overheard this discussion.

"Oh, Bon." Klara tilted her head sympathetically toward the witch as she glanced back at the dresses that were hung up. "Maybe it's because you never really got to say goodbye to him?"

"When I woke up, the couch was on fire." Bonnie raised an eyebrow toward the Adams girl. "I don't know if it's because I was emotional in my dream, or if Shane was right: without his help, I'll lose control of my magic."

"No. It's because you need a night off from mourning." Caroline nodded with a determined look on her face. "And, I'm gonna make sure that you have it."

"Um, you look super hot, by the way." Bonnie smirked toward Caroline, who gasped and then gazed at her reflection again. "Matt and I are gonna have the sexiest date there."

"It's a shame I'm goin' with Stefan, if I wasn't I'd definitely wanna be seen with you." Klara grinned toward Caroline as the three girls giggled, but the laughter was interupted by Elena and Rebekah's entrance. 

"—Hey, Bonnie. Heard you got your mind wiped, that sucks." The doppelganger's eyes then drifted to Caroline's dress. "Pretty dress, Caroline."

"I know. You helped me pick it out months ago when we were friends, before you tried to kill me." Caroline sternly spoke with a bitter smile on her face as Elena continued to examine the dress.

"I thought it looked familiar." She then glanced at Klara, who was looking through a range of red dresses. "Hm, don't really think red is your colour, Klara."

The blonde vampire twirled around on her heels and narrowed her eyes toward the doppelganger. "Thanks for the input, don't really think I asked for it though. But, it's the thought that counts, right?" She tilted her head to the side and gave Elena a sarcastic smile.

"Can you press this for me? I'll pick it up later." Caroline spoke toward the woman that worked in the shop and then headed out the back of the store to remove the dress.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Klara examined herself once more in the full length mirror situated in her bedroom before she finally started down the staircase carefully. Her feels clicked against the hardwood floor of the house with every single step she took until she reached the front door, which had been left open.