chapter nine

season one ; episode two { The Lucky Compass }
chapter nine

THE ONLY THING THE ROUTLEDGE twins could think of that would link their father and Redfield together was that their father's favourite place to visit was Redfield lighthouse

THE ONLY THING THE ROUTLEDGE twins could think of that would link their father and Redfield together was that their father's favourite place to visit was Redfield lighthouse. Brooklyn loved the lighthouse and for as long as she could remember, she had gone there every single night on her birthday. John B was less exciting but he did go with her and their father to see the stars every single night until this year when their father disappeared and the two stayed at home watching some crappy film. She adored the lighthouse and seeing it again made her heart melt. Sure, it wasn't as glamorous as it used to be but to her it was still an incredible place to visit.

She sat in the back of the van with her head resting on JJ's lap. JJ gazed into her eyes and softly used his thumb to push the brown strands of hair away from face. His fingers combed through her locks which made her eyes slowly close.

"Are you okay, Angel?" Her eyes fluttered open to see JJ smiling goofily at her.

"Uh huh." She placed a hand on his face, her eyes full of nothing but lust. "It feels good."

She felt like she was high or floating on air. JJ continued to trail his fingers through her hair, tugging on the knots at the ends of her hair. She leaned her head into his chest, her eyes closing once again before their moment was rudely interrupted by the sounds of Pope gagging.

"You two are gross." Pope cringed.

"Shut up, we are adorable." Brooklyn picked up an old sweet packet and poorly threw it to the boy.

"Well that worked, Brooke." He clapped his hands together sarcastically.

"I mean, it's obvious, right? A family heirloom. What better place to hide a message? He had to know that it was gonna get back to me and Brooklyn, right?"

"Yeah. It's possible."

"It could also be possible that you two are concocting wild theories to help, you know, deal with your sad feels." Brooklyn sat up from JJ's lap and shot the boy a look.

"Pope?" Kiara snapped.

"Bro, you know how I process my sad feels. Dank nugs and the stickiest of ickies, that's who I do it." Brooklyn held up her hand and gave the blonde a high five, a laugh leaving her lips.

"Me and Brooke are not concocting, okay? Our dad's trying to give us a message." Brooklyn did agree, of course she agreed. This was her father and she believed anything at this point.