𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN | THE WALKING DEAD

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ELENA GILBERT'S HUMANITY WAS BACK. Though, she was running on anger, rage; whatever she needed to get her through it. Stefan told her to focus on one single emotion to help her pull herself together and she did—hate. She hated Katherine Pierce so much for what she did to her, her friends and Jeremy, that she vowed she would end her whatever it took.

Klara had joined Caroline in the Grill, where Rebekah just so happened to be drinking. The three stood against the bar with their eyes focused on Elena, who was intent on throwing darts at the dart board as if she were aiming for Katherine's head. "Because that's not threatening at all." Klara crossed her arms over her chest as she tilted her head. She had admired the fact that Elena hadn't missed one single shot, but she knew it was down to the anger.

A gust of wind helped a couple enter the Grill, which caused Caroline's eyebrow to raise curiously. "Is it supposed to rain tonight?"

"Do I look like a meteorologist?" Rebekah answered back in her usual bitchy tone, though her eyes didn't disappear from Elena.

The doppelganger tossed another dart at the board and Caroline sighed out. "Someone needs to do something, before she explodes."

"I got this." Rebekah nodded confidently as she grabbed a bottle from behind the bar and strutted over to Elena in her usually over-confident manner. The Original vampire and Elena Gilbert had become rather good friends since she turned her humanity off, so Rebekah assumed she could help. "Drink. You're putting everyone on edge. So, what's the deal? I'm new to this whole emotional switch situation."

"It's not complicated." Elena gestured her head in the direction of the dart board once she'd taken a shot. "See that dart board? All I can picture is Katherine's face."

 "So, your emotions are on, they're just dialed to rage." Rebekah concluded with a final nod whilst Elena walked over to the board to collect her darts.

"Look, Rebekah, I get that we had our Thelma and Louise thing back when I had my humanity off, but let me make one thing clear—we're not friends." The doppelganger scoffed.

"What about us?" Caroline and Klara both stepped over with a unreadable look on their faces. Elena paused the minute she heard them approach. "Are we still friends?"

Klara noticed Elena freeze almost if she were having a crisis of conscience. "Elena, everything you said to me and Caroline when your humanity was off—did you mean it? Is that really how you feel?"

"I really don't feel like going down memory lane." Elena shook her head. She was clearly desperate not to think about everything she had done.

"Well, what about when you said, and I quote, you're a repulsive, bloodsucking, control freak monster?" Caroline listed with hurt in her eyes as she gazed to Elena. "Did you really mean those things?"